2 days in Wengen in July – what must we do?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 April 2018 at 11:53:07 #882076

thanks

Or once in KS we could take connecting train up to Jungfraujoch, assuming weather is fine? I imagine we will have plenty of time that day if we start out early as the walk from Mannlichen to KS is not far?

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    24 April 2018 at 12:53:08 #882077

<<“I imagine we will have plenty of time that day if we start out early as the walk from Mannlichen to KS is not far?”>>

Hi Robby – yes, you could do that.

The length of the hike is described in the link that Kim gave you at the beginning of her comments.

By the way, that hike is a lot better in the direction from Männlichen to Kleine Scheidegg, as we have described it. Seeing the Eiger grow over you has quite an impact.

Slowpoke

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 April 2018 at 12:58:17 #882078

yes so i have read. That’s definitely what we’ll do.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 April 2018 at 13:09:14 #882079

quick question on the rail pass options.

As we only have two full days our itinerary is fairly small. Even accounting for all the little train and cablecar journeys we would do throughout the day it still looks like it is cheaper to pay full fair rather than buy a Half Fare Pass. Does that sound right? I am basing this on a cost 120 CHF per person for the pass.

Only if we opt to do the Jungfrau from Kleine Scheidegg does it make it worthwhile to buy a pass but we wouldn’t know if we will do that until the day we arrive (due to checking weather).

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    27 April 2018 at 14:38:05 #882080

\<<“Only if we opt to do the Jungfrau from Kleine Scheidegg does it make it

worthwhile to buy a pass but we wouldn’t know if we will do that until

the day we arrive (due to checking weather).”>>

Makes sense to me, although I generally defer questions on rail passes to the moderators, who keep track of all the details. Of course, you wion’t have the benefit of the pass until you make that decision.

Slowpke.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 April 2018 at 3:13:43 #882081

Tricky indeed!

I’d still wait on the weather – perhaps the weather is good on the morning and you can take advantage of the Good Morning ticket: https://www.jungfrau.c h/shop/en/good-morning-ticket-jungfraujoch/

Viewing 6 posts - 21 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • The thread ‘2 days in Wengen in July – what must we do?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.