2 days in Zurich – What to do

• wanderdiva
    Participant
    38 posts
    30 March 2018 at 9:09:15 #815042

Hi,

I had earlier shared my Wengen plans on this forum and got good suggestions from the experts.

On my return from Wengen, I plan to stay 2 nights in Zurich and will have around one and half days there. I wish to see Rhine Falls (1/2 day), walk around Uetliberg (1/2 day) and shop for chocolates and cheese for friends and family back home. Can I do the falls and Uetliberg, in half day each? Please suggest other places i can visit in Zurich.

I intend to take the Half Fare card for the entire journey. Will this card work for train travel within Zurich? Will i need to buy the Zurich 24 hour card too (apart from the falls and Uetliberg, I need to travel to the airport for my return)?

Also, Do i need to validate the half fare card/Zurich card and train tickets before boarding the trains?

Thanks!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 March 2018 at 16:22:20 #880344

Hi Wanderdiva,

Yes, with an early start you could do both Uetliberg and the Rheinfalls. Use the timetable to see how the schedule works and if it looks ok to you. For a few other options in Zurich click here. Do you have any specific things you want to see/do?

Yes, The Swiss Half Fare Card will work when buying tickets around Zurich. You don’t need to buy the Zurich 24hour card.

No validation is required for any ticket or rail pass no. You will have a start date on the Swiss Half Fare Card (that you set when you buy it) and it is good for 30 days. When you buy tickets at the 1/2 fare price you just show both the pass and the ticket (if asked) to bus, train or tram personnel.

wanderdiva
    Participant
    38 posts
    2 April 2018 at 5:59:49 #880345

Thanks Lucas.

Nothing specific to see in Zurich. I think i’ll stick to the Rhein falls and Uetliberg. Also would try a walking tour, if time permits.

• The thread ‘2 days in Zurich – What to do’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.