2 days Lauterbrunnen: are my plans doable?

• danicam
    Participant
    24 posts
    25 July 2022 at 12:38:33 #827885

Hi everyone!

We will stay in Lauterbrunnen for 2 days and I have a plan but unsure whether is realistic or not.

1 day we’ll arrive mid day. First thing we’ll do is to go the Trümmelbachfälle falls as they close at 6 p.m and then walk around Lauterbrunnen (any best view points are welcome, we love pictures).

2 day. Lauterbrunnen to Stechelberg LSMS Station. 1 stop: Gimmelwald, and Nepal bridge. 2 Stop: Murren, go to Murren view point and best view point. 3 stop: Birg Thrill Walk and 4 stop: Schilthorn. Is this realistic if we start very early in the morning?

3 day, before we leave we would like to do Paragliding there.

Thoughts?

many thanks!

Dan

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Anna
    6362 posts
    25 July 2022 at 19:18:17 #944789

Hi Dan,

Plan 1 and 2 are doable. Be sure to check out the Staubbach Falls if you’re planning to hike from Lauterbrunnen to Trummelabchfalls. And for Day 2, I recommend doing the circuit Stechelberg – Gimmelwald – Schilthorn – Murren, if you have time. You can find details here: http://www.myswissalps.com/schilthorn/gettingthere

On the 3rd day, here’s a paragliding activity you might be interested in.

Hope this gives you more ideas to add to your itinerary.

Regards,

Anna

danicam
    Participant
    24 posts
    26 July 2022 at 13:03:54 #944790

thanks again Anna!

Would you say that the Birg Walk is not worth?

Thanks!

Anna
    6362 posts
    26 July 2022 at 17:11:25 #944791

Hi danicam,

I think the Thrill Walk on Birg is one of the highlights of any visit to Schilthorn. Definitely worth it if you like a bit of adventure.

Regards,

Anna

danicam
    Participant
    24 posts
    27 July 2022 at 10:43:42 #944792

thanks again Anna!

• The thread ‘2 days Lauterbrunnen: are my plans doable?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.