2 for 1 day pass Switzerland – Sep 18 to Nov 5

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 September 2017 at 1:29:37 #813296

Was just browsing through the sbb website, and found that 2 people travelling together and one of them having a half fare card are eligible to travel at the cost of 1 day pass instead of buying 2 day passes. This might work out cheaper than the Swiss travel pass if your duration of travel is 5-7 days. However, there is no mention on the website if its valid for international travellers or not. Hope someone else might give a better idea of the rules.

Thank you.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    19 September 2017 at 3:17:48 #869952

Pretty sure it is for Swiss residents only http://www.sbb.ch/en/travelca rds-and-tickets/tickets-for-switzerland/1-day-travelpass/day-pass-for-2.html says you have to have a half-fare travel card which is not a Swiss Half-Fare Card for tourists. Nice try.

Minnie
    Participant
    35 posts
    19 September 2017 at 6:42:42 #869953

Hi ANKITA. I bought one of these day passes yesterday from Brienz station, to use with our Half Fare Card for international guests. So it should be okay. Thanks for your early post!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 September 2017 at 10:24:01 #869954

Dear Minnie, so hope we too can buy it during our visit to the switzerland this weekend and use it. Checking online, it doesnt seem to be possible as rockoyster rightly posted (as half fare card for international travellers seem different from HF travel card). CAn someone throw more light onto facts here, as we have someone who have already bought one with HFC tourists

Arno
    15471 posts
    19 September 2017 at 10:36:57 #869955

Hi Ankita,

Sorry, I don’t know more about the offer than what I just read in Rockoyster’s link. It says you need a “Half-Fare travelcard”, which is the one year version for Swiss residents, not the one month version for tourists. However, Minnie managed to purchase, so it should be possible for you to. Just give it a try I’d say.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    19 September 2017 at 10:56:44 #869956

Minnie might have purchased but can her International visitors legitimately take advantage of this domestic deal. I submit not you honour.

Minnie
    Participant
    35 posts
    19 September 2017 at 11:29:11 #869957

I will return to the station and confirm if I, who bought this ticket at the same time as my Half Fare card, can actually use the ticket. I will post a reply afterwards. Thanks for the caution, Rockoyster.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 September 2017 at 11:41:43 #869958

Thank you that will be useful

Minnie
    Participant
    35 posts
    19 September 2017 at 14:39:58 #869959

Rockoyster, you are completely correct. Interlaken SBB has just refunded my ticket and told me it should not have been sold to a tourist. So once again the My Swiss Alps forum has been extremely helpful. Many thanks, MinnieR

• The thread ‘2 for 1 day pass Switzerland – Sep 18 to Nov 5’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10610 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.