2 for 1 offer Swiss Saver (Flexi) Pass

2 for 1 offer Swiss Saver (Flexi) Pass

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
Posts: 373
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Arno
Arno
11155 posts
expert &
moderator
Jun 21, 2012 - 8:41 AM
Hello anjujain,

Please note that the 2-for-1 offer is only available for traveling in Spring or Fall. But you can use the regular Swiss Saver Pass. If you just fill out Belgium, the correct pass type and number of travelers in the upper right corner of the Swiss Pass page, you'll get an overview of all the options and prices. Purchasing in Switzerland (e.g. Luzern) is listed there as well, as well as purchasing from the NMBS: the Belgian Railways (b-europe.com). That's slightly cheaper. If you purchase through the NMBS, you can collect your pass at the rail station in Brussels, so you'll have it in time. The NMBS does not issue the Swiss Family Card to allow your children to travel along for free. Just purchase a pass for the 2 adults, and you'll get your free Swiss Family Card at any Swiss rail station.

Enjoy your stay!
Last modified on Dec 28, 2014 - 4:35 PM by Arno
BRONOZ
BRONOZ
2 posts
new member
Jun 22, 2012 - 9:16 PM
Hello
I just booked my swiss flexi passes (2 for 1 promotion), through the australian site - www.raileurope.com.au. There was no request for a start date to be input anywhere. Just stated the valid travel dates are 01/09/2012-30/11/2012. I am hoping that I didn't miss anything out, as I thought I had to state the date of the first day of free travel and the month starts from there. Also it seemed to suggest that the tickets were due to arrive in 5 days - yet we are not travelling till September 2012.
Arno
Arno
11155 posts
expert &
moderator
Jun 23, 2012 - 2:20 AM
Hi BRONOZ,

This all sounds correct. You may have read about filling out a start date and postponed shipping, but that applies to other resellers than Rail Europe Australia. The start date will be set when you validate your pass at a Swiss rail station.

Have a great trip!
BRONOZ
BRONOZ
2 posts
new member
Jun 23, 2012 - 6:57 AM
Arno said: Hi BRONOZ,

This all sounds correct. You may have read about filling out a start date and postponed shipping, but that applies to other resellers than Rail Europe Australia. The start date will be set when you validate your pass at a Swiss rail station.

Have a great trip!


Thank you for that

Cheers
zedan22
zedan22
6 posts
new member
Jun 23, 2012 - 9:55 AM
Dear sir,
I have question about the promotion buy 1 get 1 free 4 days/ 4 days

i will travel to swiss and i will use train in this dates :

17th july 2012 from LUGANO to LAUSANNE
19th july 2012 from LAUSANNE to GSTAAD and GLACIER 3000
20th july 2012 from LAUSANNE to MONTROX .

is this promotion good for us ? we are 2 adult . And can i buy the tickets from the staff desk in the station or should be buy it online?? and how much cost ??

THANK YOU :-)
Annika
Annika
4992 posts
expert &
moderator
Jun 23, 2012 - 10:46 AM
Hello zedan22. The 2 for 1 deal is not valid for traveling in July. Please read our initial post for information on this offer. Regular prices and purchase options can be found by entering your country of residence and further details in the upper right corner of the Swiss Pass page.
Last modified on Dec 28, 2014 - 4:35 PM by Arno
zedan22
zedan22
6 posts
new member
Jun 24, 2012 - 2:11 AM
zedan22 said: Dear sir,
I have question about the promotion buy 1 get 1 free 4 days/ 4 days

i will travel to swiss and i will use train in this dates :

17th july 2012 from LUGANO to LAUSANNE
19th july 2012 from LAUSANNE to GSTAAD and GLACIER 3000
20th july 2012 from LAUSANNE to MONTROX .

is this promotion good for us ? we are 2 adult . And can i buy the tickets from the staff desk in the station or should be buy it online?? and how much cost ??

THANK YOU :-)


Thank you for replay,

Ok in case of my travel dates at july . What is the best swiss ticket cost for my plan ?

Thank you
Annika
Annika
4992 posts
expert &
moderator
Jun 25, 2012 - 3:00 AM
Hello zedan22. I suggest you consider a 3 day Swiss Saver Flexi Pass, using free travel days on July 17, 19 and 20 and discounts on July 18. An alternative is the Swiss Half Fare Card, but that requires you to buy 50% discounted tickets for each trip during your stay.
Last modified on Dec 28, 2014 - 4:34 PM by Arno
billcoke
billcoke
42 posts
active member
Jun 25, 2012 - 12:52 PM
Hi Annika,
The 2 for 1 Swiss Saver promotion, is it a yearly promotion? Because I'm planning the trip for 2013.
zedan22
zedan22
6 posts
new member
Jun 25, 2012 - 3:51 PM
Annika said: Hello zedan22. I suggest you consider a 3 day Swiss Saver Flexi Pass, using free travel days on July 17, 19 and 20 and discounts on July 18. An alternative is the Swiss Half Fare Card, but that requires you to buy 50% discounted tickets for each trip during your stay.


Hi Annika,
Thank you for replay, can i buy this ticket from lugano railway station once i arrive there ?

thank you
Arno
Arno
11155 posts
expert &
moderator
Jun 26, 2012 - 12:05 AM
Sure you can. You can see all purchase options (online and locally) on the page Annika linked to.

Have fun!
zedan22 said:
Annika said: Hello zedan22. I suggest you consider a 3 day Swiss Saver Flexi Pass, using free travel days on July 17, 19 and 20 and discounts on July 18. An alternative is the Swiss Half Fare Card, but that requires you to buy 50% discounted tickets for each trip during your stay.


Hi Annika,
Thank you for replay, can i buy this ticket from lugano railway station once i arrive there ?

thank you
Last modified on Dec 28, 2014 - 4:34 PM by Arno
Arno
Arno
11155 posts
expert &
moderator
Jun 26, 2012 - 12:07 AM
Hi Bill,

We're not sure yet if this promotion will be available again next year. Please keep an eye on our website and subscribe to our newsletter to be notified.
billcoke said: Hi Annika,
The 2 for 1 Swiss Saver promotion, is it a yearly promotion? Because I'm planning the trip for 2013.
edited by billcoke on Jun 25, 2012
zedan22
zedan22
6 posts
new member
Jun 26, 2012 - 5:38 AM
Hi,

I have question about 4 day Swiss Saver Flexi Pass , my dates traveling from 15th July to 20th July .
can i benefit from the promotions ? or i will buy it as regular price ?

Thank you.
Kind regards
Annika
Annika
4992 posts
expert &
moderator
Jun 26, 2012 - 6:52 AM
Hello zedan! Did you check the initial post of this topic? All specifics on the 2 for 1 offer are mentioned there, including validity dates. The 2 for 1 offer is not valid for traveling in July, so I still think you should consider a 3 day Swiss Saver Flexi Pass or Swiss Half Fare Cards.
aditi
aditi
1 post
new member
Jul 1, 2012 - 9:40 AM
im planning to travel from interlaken to lucerne and from lucerne to engelberg would the half fare pass be cheaper or the 4 day flexi pass
Arno
Arno
11155 posts
expert &
moderator
Jul 2, 2012 - 1:49 AM
Hi aditi,

You don't need any pass if you just make two single trips. Is that really all you'll be traveling? If there are more trips, you can best calculate which of the two passes would be more economical. The 2-for-1 offer on the Swiss Saver (Flexi) Pass is the better choice in most cases.
vijayashankara
vijayashankara
3 posts
new member
Jul 15, 2012 - 1:44 PM
hi,
we will be visiting switzerland from 17th august 2012, will be reaching in the evening of 17th,, will be leaving on 26th early morning,
we have ordered for flexi pass for 6 days duration starting from 18th, for 2 of us and we have reservation for glacier express,

but what about JUngenfrau express, do we have to reserve early or can we get on the train with pass paying the the discounted amount

and how can we buy the flexipass for the remaining trip or is it necessary because we will be traveling one way to zurich fro st moritz and next day we are leaving

i would appreciate your guidance in this regard

with warm regards

vijay
Arno
Arno
11155 posts
expert &
moderator
Jul 15, 2012 - 3:16 PM
Hi vijay, and welcome to MySwissAlps,

You don't need to book the Jungfraujoch trip in advance. Just show your Swiss Flexi Pass at a rail station to get your discounted tickets.

I don't understand your second question. Please elaborate on that, or even better: open a new topic since the current topic is about a promotion you're not using.
Amosjan
Amosjan
1 post
new member
Jul 19, 2012 - 9:44 AM
Hi, I would like to check if I'm going to switzerland on 27/11/12 to 2/12/12. Is this promotion beneficial to me? If I'm interested to buy the Swiss flexi pass, can I use the pass on either 1/12/12 or 2/12/12? If not, am I entitled the 50% fare reduction in December?
Thank you.
sghosh
sghosh
1 post
new member
Jul 19, 2012 - 3:18 PM
Hi, My family (2 adult and 5 year old kid) will be travelling to switzerland in August. Will I be able to buy and use the swiss saver pass 2 for 1 for our trip. As the information I am getting from raileurope website is a bit confusing as it says we have to use the second pass from september to november. Please clarify. We will be travelling for 4 days consecutively.

Thanks

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Sign up

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018