2 for 1 offer Swiss Saver (Flexi) Pass

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    7 August 2012 at 1:34:28 #837704

Hello AAAGs,

You’re traveling on 4 non consecutive days, so that makes the 4-day Swiss Saver Flexi Pass a perfect fit. The train to the Rigi is included for free, as well as the trip to Melide (Swiss Miniature). The entrance for Swiss Miniature is not included.

All details and purchase options for the pass can be found here.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 August 2012 at 9:32:19 #837705

Hi,

First of all I must say this forum is really helpful and benifit lot of people like us.

I am traveling to switzerland with my wife from 17th Sep 2012 to 21st Sep 2012. Below would be my itinerary.

17th London to Swiss
    18th Mt titls
    19th JungFrau
    20th Milan/venice
    21st back to swiss
    22nd Back to London

Please help me in planning my trip by answering the below queries.

If I want to visit Mt Titlis and JungFrau, at which city I should stay so that it would be cheaper and take less time to travel?
    Is it feasable or possible to travel from swiss to Italy on 20th Sep morning, spend some time in Italy (venice) like citytour stay one night at Italy and on 22nd Morning bac to London. So that we can reach london by 22nd eve (before 5 pm)?
    Is it worth buying 2 for 1 swiss pass?
    Do I need to reserver the rail seats in advance?
    Can I visit Mt titlis and JungFrau using this 2 for 1 swiss pass?
    Can I travel to Venice using 2 for 1 swiss pass? If no is there any other pass for Italy as well? Is it worth buying? Does 2 for 1 pass help me in saving som cost of travel from swiss to Italy?

Thanks,
    Ramit

Annika
    7124 posts
    10 August 2012 at 8:10:38 #837706

Hello Ramit. I think Arno already answered your questions on the validity of the Swiss (Flexi) Pass (just check the validity map he mentioned), traveling into Italy and seat reservation in this topic, right?

As for your other questions: the 2 for 1 deal is definitely a good option for you. I’d spend my nights in Lucerne and/or Interlaken if I were you, as these towns provide good access to the Rigi and the Jungfraujoch. You can plan your trips with the aid of the timetable, including your trip to Venice. Of course this is possible, but mind that you’ll have to make two pretty long train transfers to achieve this. If you’re up for this, you can best buy regular return tickets from the Swiss border to Venice.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 August 2012 at 18:54:11 #837707

Hello, I will purchase this pass and read somewhere that one can get a discount on TGV Lyria tickets but I can
    not find any information on how to do this. Does anyone know?

Annika
    7124 posts
    12 August 2012 at 2:49:46 #837708

Hi cacheson. As far as I know, such discounts come from the fact that any Swiss leg of a trip to France will be for free or discounted with a Swiss (Flexi) Pass. It’s discussed in this previous topic and this one. However, there are economical deals for a trip from Switzerland to France, independent of your rail pass. Please check this topic on cheap France-Switzerland tickets for specifics. The (spring) offer mentioned there still seems to be valid.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 August 2012 at 13:09:35 #837709

Hi,

I’ve just order the Swiss Pass 2 for 1 through the website http://www.swisstravelsystem.co.uk, the billing address is in UK, my place; but the delivery address is my friend’s address in Germany. However, I dont know what is the procedure to get it? I did not see any blank to fill the payment details as: bank account,v.v…. So can you please let me know when can I get the Swiss Pass and how can I pay? My departure date will be on 9 September 2012.

Thanks a lot,

Duong

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 August 2012 at 13:28:06 #837710

Also, as I do not know that I can buy Swiss Pass on the day of arrival in Switz, so I book it online. However, as my planning is changeable, so I prefer to buy directly. Do you know how can I cancel the order right now? Is it any cancellation fee applied?

Thanks very much,

Duong

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 August 2012 at 0:04:18 #837711

Dear Sir,
    Thanks your reply previously. Now I have purchased swiss flexi passes and It has been delivered.
    I have a few questions to get help.
    1) How can I book the reservation of the seat for glacier express?
    2) Do I require to book the seat by holding swiss passes say for example from interlaken to basel or tirano to st.moritz?

Thanks & Regards,
    Chia

Arno
    15484 posts
    13 August 2012 at 2:24:40 #837712

[quote]du.duong said: Hi,

I’ve just order the Swiss Pass 2 for 1 through the website http://www.swisstravelsystem. co.uk, the billing address is in UK, my place; but the delivery address is my friend’s address in Germany. However, I dont know what is the procedure to get it? I did not see any blank to fill the payment details as: bank account,v.v…. So can you please let me know when can I get the Swiss Pass and how can I pay? My departure date will be on 9 September 2012.

Thanks a lot,

Duong[/quote]
    Hi Duong,

We don’t work with the website you mentioned, but we do work with swissrailways.com, which looks similar. Since you prefer delivery to Germany, you better not order from their UK website. Instead, order from their website for the rest of Europe. That’s slightly cheaper as well. Just go ahead and fill out everything they ask for. Payment options (American Express, Diners, Mastercard, VISA) will be presented at the final step.

Arno
    15484 posts
    13 August 2012 at 2:27:17 #837713

[quote]du.duong said: Also, as I do not know that I can buy Swiss Pass on the day of arrival in Switz, so I book it online. However, as my planning is changeable, so I prefer to buy directly. Do you know how can I cancel the order right now? Is it any cancellation fee applied?

Thanks very much,

Duong[/quote]

All purchase options (including buying locally if available) are presented on the Swiss Pass page. Cancellation fees are usually 15% of the purchase amount, but you best check that at the website you decide to place your order.

Arno
    15484 posts
    13 August 2012 at 2:31:21 #837714

[quote]zhixuen said: Dear Sir,
    Thanks your reply previously. Now I have purchased swiss flexi passes and It has been delivered.
    I have a few questions to get help.
    1) How can I book the reservation of the seat for glacier express?
    2) Do I require to book the seat by holding swiss passes say for example from interlaken to basel or tirano to st.moritz?

Thanks & Regards,
    Chia[/quote]
    Hello Chia,

1) A link can be found on the seat reservation page.
    2) It’s explained on that same page. You don’t need reservations for trains other than some panoramic trains and trains bound for surrounding countries.

I hope this helps you out!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 August 2012 at 16:25:06 #837715

Can i buy the swiss 4 day pass (buy two for one ) once i reach zurich airport?or is it compulsary for me to buy it online?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 August 2012 at 16:44:29 #837716

me and my wife are planning a 8 day tour of switzerland.Can i buy two 4day swiss passes( buy two for one) and use them continuosly for 8 days?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 August 2012 at 5:04:22 #837717

Hello Arno,
    I & my husband are Travelling to Swiss on 20th sep 2012. We want to buy 2 for 1 offer. Can I get this offer on switzerland railway station.??

Annika
    7124 posts
    26 August 2012 at 5:06:32 #837718

Hello kausikdhume. You can buy 2 sets of the offer for 8 consecutive days. As far as we know, the 2 for 1 deal has to be purchased online. All details on the offer, including the purchase options, are explained in the original post of this topic. Information on the Swiss Pass itself is available at the Swiss Pass page.

Annika
    7124 posts
    26 August 2012 at 12:40:08 #837719

[quote]reena said: Hello Arno,
    I & my husband are Travelling to Swiss on 20th sep 2012. We want to buy 2 for 1 offer. Can I get this offer on switzerland railway station.??[/quote]

Hi Reena. Please refer to my answer to kausikdhume above.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 August 2012 at 12:57:48 #837720

Hi, just a very urgent question. Since I am so confused about the option to buy Swiss Pass. I read so many information and now I just realized that I get lost. I’ve already ordered the ticket on the http://www.swisstravelsystem.co.uk as I posted above, however I did not fill out any information about my payment detail to choose (although I filled in every details therein but no blank about the payment), so I am worry whether I can receive the Swiss pass or not. is there any way to check? As I did not receive any confirmation from that website….
    Also, I will travel from Milano to Tirano on 9 September, and I thought that in any case, because I did not pay the ticket yet, I can buy them on the day I arrive Tirano railway station. But now, I’ve just read on your topic that I can not buy directly from there… Is it true? Is there any way I can buy for sure in Switzerland? I need your respond as soon as possible. Thank you very much.

Annika
    7124 posts
    27 August 2012 at 10:08:58 #837721

Hi du.duong. You should contact the reseller, Swisstravelsystem, to ask about your order. They should be able to tell you whether is has been placed correctly. I’m not quite sure what you mean with your second question. Do you need a train ticket Milano-Tirano? That can just be bought in Milano before boarding. If you mean buying a Swiss Pass: no, that won’t be possible in Milano. A regular Swiss Pass can be bought in Tirano, but the 2 for 1 offer (I assume that’s what you bought, since you post in this topic) can only be ordered online as far as I know.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 August 2012 at 11:25:27 #837722

Dear mod,

Many thanks you for your answer. I’ve just contacted with Switzerland Travel Centre, and that my previous order had not been made. Thus, I have to place new order. I’ve just done it and got the confirmation from the website suggested by your forum. Hopefully, there will have no more problem to me 🙂

Thank you again.

Duong Du

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 August 2012 at 6:57:33 #837723

Hi,

Can I please ask a very quick question? When I proceed to place the order, the website said that my order will pay in Swiss currency, the shown price in euro just for information. So, is it convenience for me to use Euro currency in Switz? or I have to exchange into CHF ?

Many thanks

Duong Du

Thank you

Viewing 20 posts - 281 through 300 (of 373 total)
  • The thread ‘2 for 1 offer Swiss Saver (Flexi) Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.