2 for 1 offer Swiss Saver (Flexi) Pass

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15483 posts
    24 September 2012 at 12:59:49 #837764

Hi Gary,

Thanks for getting back here and posting about your trip. You did indeed visit a beautiful region. Great to hear that you enjoyed your stay so much! I’m glad we could help while planning your trip. Hope to see you back in case you want to see more of the Swiss Alps.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 September 2012 at 18:54:24 #837765

Hello! So excited for my trip to Switzerland leaving Sunday. My itinerary is Interlaken 2 days, Zermatt 2 days, Glacier Express to Chur, Chur to Appenzell, then end in Zurich. All transportation by train, bus etc. My question concerns our luggage. Will there be any issue with suitcases? There are 3 of us and 3 suitcases.
    Also best advice on Chur to Appenzell route.

Thank you!!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 September 2012 at 7:04:49 #837766

Hello,

I am planning my trip to Swiss, we are 2. I want to go to Mount Titlis and Golden pass.
    Please let me know if I and my partner will get a discount on cable car to Tilais, if we by 2 for 1 offer.

And for Golden pass train, do i need just a seat reservation and not other ticket than the swiss pass.

Thanks and Regards,
    Neeraj

Arno
    15483 posts
    25 September 2012 at 7:46:44 #837767

[quote]Sooboo said: Hello! So excited for my trip to Switzerland leaving Sunday. My itinerary is Interlaken 2 days, Zermatt 2 days, Glacier Express to Chur, Chur to Appenzell, then end in Zurich. All transportation by train, bus etc. My question concerns our luggage. Will there be any issue with suitcases? There are 3 of us and 3 suitcases.
    Also best advice on Chur to Appenzell route.

Thank you!![/quote]

Hello Sooboo,

All trains have space to put your luggage, and there are luggage transport services as well. The timetable allows you to find the best route. Please post further questions in a related or new topic, as stated in the forum rules. The 2-for-1 promotion is not related to your questions. Thanks and have a wonderful stay!

Arno
    15483 posts
    25 September 2012 at 7:49:41 #837768

[quote]neeraj said: Hello,

I am planning my trip to Swiss, we are 2. I want to go to Mount Titlis and Golden pass.
    Please let me know if I and my partner will get a discount on cable car to Tilais, if we by 2 for 1 offer.

And for Golden pass train, do i need just a seat reservation and not other ticket than the swiss pass.

Thanks and Regards,
    Neeraj[/quote]

Hi Neeraj,

You definitely get a discount. Please download the network map from the Swiss Pass page for all details. Indeed, all you need for the Golden Pass besides your pass is a seat reservation.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 September 2012 at 2:59:21 #837769

Hi,

Can I get 2 for 1 swiss saver pass of 4 days booked twice during my stay of 8 days in Switzerland.

Arno
    15483 posts
    28 September 2012 at 4:49:42 #837770

Hi Rachna,

There is no limit on the number of passes you can order, so you can indeed buy two of them to cover your 8 day stay.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 September 2012 at 5:21:11 #837771

Thanks for this info.

That means I can buy 2 for 1 offer swiss saver pass of 4days for 2 of us twice and only pay for one person for 8 days… wow… thats super saving.

Arno
    15483 posts
    28 September 2012 at 5:55:03 #837772

Yes, it’s a great offer indeed. You can find resellers here by selecting your country, pass type and travelers.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 October 2012 at 15:49:41 #837773

Hello,
    Do you know if the 2-for-1 Swiss Pass offer will be available for Spring 2013, and if so when it will be valid for travel and when I will able to buy it? I am planning (a bit early, I know!) a visit during the middle of April 2013.

Thanks,
    Peter

Arno
    15483 posts
    3 October 2012 at 1:11:13 #837774

Hi Peter,

There’s a chance that the offer will be available again. If so, I expect you can use it in April. But I’m not sure yet. Just keep an eye on our website and you’ll know in time. It will probably be announced around February.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 November 2012 at 20:57:22 #837775

Hi,

myself,hubby and 3 small kids aging from 4 yrs old, 2yrs od and 6th month old baby will be going to swiss on this 22nd. Our plan is very simple as we have a small kids thus we preferred to have a sightseeing only. We will drpart from paris by flight to zurich and sleep over 1 night at zurich. the nezt day will be going to interlaken to spend 2 nights there anf after that back to zurich.

Hereby my questions:

1) Is that economicall for us to buy the pass?

2) if yes, since we have small kids..can we sit together as one famlilybcoz there is no rules for seat reservation.

thank you!

Arno
    15483 posts
    15 November 2012 at 5:21:45 #837776

Hi nany114,

1) Yes, the 4-day Swiss Pass is the cheapest option, even if you would only travel to Interlaken and back to Zurich. But it also includes free city transport in Zurich and Interlaken, and discounts on (mountain top) excursions. Full details are here.
    2) It’s usually no problem to find seats. The timetable allows you to see if a particular train is expected to be very busy.

Please check the hotel page for hotels at a convenient walking distance from the rail stations.

Have fun!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 November 2012 at 8:08:27 #837777

Thank you sir,
    My nationality is different from the country that we ‘re living right now. Can i just buy the pass from swissrail.com website? and since i bring along the
    kids, where can i get the family card so that it can be delivered with the pass.

Arno
    15483 posts
    15 November 2012 at 8:26:09 #837778

Hello nany114,

The website you mentioned does not sell rail passes. All purchase options are on the Swiss Pass page. If you select the country you’re currently living in, you’ll see a list of all points of sale that apply to you. It also explains about the Swiss Family Card.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 November 2012 at 10:02:19 #837779

Thanks,
    I have done with the purchased. But somehow, the currency is still in CHF mode when i want to check out. One more thing, I noticed they mentioned about 2/3 weeks earlier before our depature prior in sending the ticket to my address but my journey will be starting on this 26th Nov. Can they send it early?

Please advise.

Arno
    15483 posts
    15 November 2012 at 10:18:17 #837780

Hi nany114,

If you intend to order through swissrailways.com, the currency is indeed Swiss francs. Your credit card company will convert the final amount to your currency. That should be close to the amount you see on our Swiss Pass page, as you can choose from several currencies there which are updated daily.

The 2-3 weeks delivery time is only for people ordering well in advance. They’ll send it right away in your case. You can explicitly request so in the order notes if you want.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 November 2012 at 3:37:14 #837781

Thank you Arno,

Do you know how was the terrain from main station Interlaken to Reckingen- Gluringen?. There was one nice flat that we might want to rent. But the journey a bit longer from 2-5 hrs journey. I asked this because we ‘re travelling with small kids and baby as well. Is that OK? I mean on the changing of altitude etc.

Please advise and many thanks!

Arno
    15483 posts
    16 November 2012 at 13:37:17 #837782

Hi nany114,

The trip won’t be a problem to even the youngest children. The train will cross a tunnel. It’s altitude isn’t much more than about 1200 m over sea. Or even lower, depending on the exact route.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 November 2012 at 7:02:48 #837783

Thank you sir,
    Again…Does the flexi saver 2for1 cover 100% of the price if we want to ride the boat from interlaken west to THUN?. Is that compulsory to buy the the ticket through online?. We’re going to switzerland on this 26th nov and I heard that Halder Kum is close during November. Is that true?

Thank you

Viewing 20 posts - 341 through 360 (of 373 total)
  • The thread ‘2 for 1 offer Swiss Saver (Flexi) Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.