2 for 1 offer Swiss Saver (Flexi) Pass

2 for 1 offer Swiss Saver (Flexi) Pass

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
Posts: 373
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Arno
Arno
10731 posts
expert &
moderator
Mar 15, 2012 - 3:01 AM
Hi olive,

What's your country of residence?
olive
olive
3 posts
new member
Mar 15, 2012 - 4:29 AM
my country of residence is Malaysia
Arno
Arno
10731 posts
expert &
moderator
Mar 15, 2012 - 6:10 AM

Hi olive,

From Malaysia, you can best buy though trainticket.com currently. However, this offer is for even number of travelers only. They require you to purchase a full price pass for the 11th person. Therefor I would recommend to purhase through swisstravelsystem.com. In that case, the 11th person gets the saver price (15% cheaper than the full price). Just fill out 11 travelers in their order form and you'll pay the saver price for 6 of them and nothing for the other 5.

For the record: you cannot buy a pass for 12 adults because you actually need 12 names and valid passport numbers to be present on the pass.

Does this help you out?

Last modified on May 17, 2018 - 11:42 AM by Arno
Boyka
Boyka
2 posts
new member
Mar 15, 2012 - 8:36 AM
Hello,
we will travel to Switzerland on 13 April and we need your advice.Our plane is landing at the airport in Zurich at 8.30 a.m.After that we plan to take a train to Geneva and on April 14 plan to return to Zurich and take the train to Lake Como . On 15 April come back to Zurich and stay until 17 April, when we return back to Bulgaria.We've already had booked hotels in these places.We're 3 persons-2 adults and 1 young 17 years old.If we buy 4-day 2-for-1 Swiss Saver Pass will it cover all of us travelling together for 4 days in Switzerland I mean trip to Geneva and Zurich?Can we use this pass for trip to Como?If we need to purchase another train ticket for this Zurich-Como-Zurich round trip, please advice which train we can take and how much we must pay in addition?Is there necessary to order these tickets online(which site?)or we may buy its inside Zurich airport?
Thank you in advance.
svetafom12
svetafom12
3 posts
new member
Mar 15, 2012 - 8:59 AM
Dea ModAnna
We (2) are planning to come to Zurich in May, the days are not specified exactly yet. Is it possble to buy 2-1 4 days Swiss Saver Pass at the airport on the arrival.
Where else in Zurich will be possible to buy that card.
Thank you in advance Sveta
Arno
Arno
10731 posts
expert &
moderator
Mar 15, 2012 - 9:17 AM

Hi Boyka,

The 4-day 2-for-1 Swiss Saver Pass will cover all of your trips, except for the small section you would be traveling in Italy (Chiasso - Como). You can buy an additional ticket for that section on any manned Swiss rail station. The pass itself needs to be purchased from one of the websites listed in my original post. It is not for sale on Swiss rail stations. As you live in Bulgaria, you can best order it through swisstravelsystem.com. Please note that the offer is for an even number of travelers. Your third person is 17 and can therefor purchase a 4-day Swiss Youth Pass. So, just fill out 2 adults and 1 youth. All in all, one of you will pay the saver price (15% off the regular price), one of you will pay nothing, and the third one will be the youth price (about 25% off the regular price). Please check the Swiss Pass page for further details about the pass.

Boyka said: Hello,
we will travel to Switzerland on 13 April and we need your advice.Our plane is landing at the airport in Zurich at 8.30 a.m.After that we plan to take a train to Geneva and on April 14 plan to return to Zurich and take the train to Lake Como . On 15 April come back to Zurich and stay until 17 April, when we return back to Bulgaria.We've already had booked hotels in these places.We're 3 persons-2 adults and 1 young 17 years old.If we buy 4-day 2-for-1 Swiss Saver Pass will it cover all of us travelling together for 4 days in Switzerland I mean trip to Geneva and Zurich?Can we use this pass for trip to Como?If we need to purchase another train ticket for this Zurich-Como-Zurich round trip, please advice which train we can take and how much we must pay in addition?Is there necessary to order these tickets online(which site?)or we may buy its inside Zurich airport?
Thank you in advance.

Last modified on May 17, 2018 - 11:42 AM by Arno
Arno
Arno
10731 posts
expert &
moderator
Mar 15, 2012 - 9:23 AM
Hi Sveta,

The pass needs to be purchased from one of the websites listed in my original post. It is not for sale on Swiss rail stations. Other points of sales may be the offices of travel agencies specialized in train traveling in Switzerland for tourists, but those are quite rare.

So when do you know the travel dates? Some resellers don't require to fill out the travel dates while ordering, others do. In the latter case, they only want to know the first day of traveling, not the remaining days. So even a flexi pass would still be flexible apart from the first day.

svetafom12 said: Dea ModAnna
We (2) are planning to come to Zurich in May, the days are not specified exactly yet. Is it possble to buy 2-1 4 days Swiss Saver Pass at the airport on the arrival.
Where else in Zurich will be possible to buy that card.
Thank you in advance Sveta
svetafom12
svetafom12
3 posts
new member
Mar 15, 2012 - 11:19 AM
Thank you Arno.
Do you happen to know if Travelling Agency SwissHouse (Russia) is authorised to sell Swiss Saver Pass 2 for 1? According to their info they are. How could I check it?
Bear in mind its Russia :-)
Thank you.
Arno
Arno
10731 posts
expert &
moderator
Mar 15, 2012 - 11:52 AM

Hi Sveta,

I don't know that agency. For delivery to Russia, you can just order from trainticket.com, they're definitely a trusted reseller. If you fill out your country at the right side of the Swiss Pass page you'll see all the options.

svetafom12 said: Thank you Arno.
Do you happen to know if Travelling Agency SwissHouse (Russia) is authorised to sell Swiss Saver Pass 2 for 1? According to their info they are. How could I check it?
Bear in mind its Russia :-)
Thank you.

Last modified on Oct 27, 2017 - 5:10 PM by Arno
Boyka
Boyka
2 posts
new member
Mar 15, 2012 - 1:49 PM
Thank you,Arno for your fast and useful reply.I checked our prices for one 4-day 2-for-1 Swiss Saver Pass and one 4-day Swiss Youth Pass.They cost 426 CHF which is very suited price for us(I hope that I correctly checked).I have one more question - do we need any seat reservations for our train journey (especially train Zurich-Chiasso(Como)-Zurich? If your answer is "yes" could you say me where and when I can make reservations?
Thank you once again for your help

Boyka
olive
olive
3 posts
new member
Mar 16, 2012 - 1:31 AM

Hi Arno,

Thank you for the help...the link has been very useful. Your answer is crystal clear.

Arno said: Hi olive,

From Malaysia, you can best buy though trainticket.com currently. However, this offer is for even number of travelers only. They require you to purchase a full price pass for the 11th person. Therefor I would recommend to purhase through swisstravelsystem.com. In that case, the 11th person gets the saver price (15% cheaper than the full price). Just fill out 11 travelers in their order form and you'll pay the saver price for 6 of them and nothing for the other 5.
For the record: you cannot buy a pass for 12 adults because you actually need 12 names and valid passport numbers to be present on the pass.
Does this help you out?

Arno
Arno
10731 posts
expert &
moderator
Mar 16, 2012 - 3:16 AM

Hi Boyka,

That's indeed the price you'd pay on swisstravelsystem.com. Seat reservations are sometimes necessary for international trains (so perhaps to Como). You can check that in the timetable and read all about it here.

Boyka said: Thank you,Arno for your fast and useful reply.I checked our prices for one 4-day 2-for-1 Swiss Saver Pass and one 4-day Swiss Youth Pass.They cost 426 CHF which is very suited price for us(I hope that I correctly checked).I have one more question - do we need any seat reservations for our train journey (especially train Zurich-Chiasso(Como)-Zurich? If your answer is "yes" could you say me where and when I can make reservations?
Thank you once again for your help

Boyka

Last modified on May 17, 2018 - 11:42 AM by Arno
Removed user
Removed user
0 posts
new member
Mar 17, 2012 - 10:59 AM
I am confused about several provisions of the Swiss 2-for-1, 4-day Flexipass.
1. The map you link to shows a 50 percent reduction for the route from Wengen to Jungfraujoch. Does this apply only to the four travel days, or does it also apply to the non-travel days, which I understand get a 50 percent reduction everywhere else on the system anyway? If so, would there be any reason to use a travel day for Jungfraujoch if we are traveling only from Lauterbrunnen that day?
2. Another map, from another website, shows only a 25 percent reduction for Jungfraujoch. Which is correct -- 50 percent or 25 percent?
3. Same question for Schilthorn from Lauterbrunnen.
4. If we use one of our four travel days for the Golden Express from Lauterbrunnen to Montreaux and return the same day, would our only cost be for the seat reservations?
Thank you for your help.
Arno
Arno
10731 posts
expert &
moderator
Mar 17, 2012 - 1:27 PM
Hi claytonkeller111,

1./2. I believe the map we link to shows 25% off for Wengen - Jungfraujoch. The maps shows the number one in a red circle next to that leg and the map legend explains that it stands for 25% reduction. It's mentioned under "Swiss Flexi Pass features" on the Swiss Flexi Pass page as well. Where did you see the 50% discount? I would like to correct that if it is somewhere on our website. You don't need a free travel day for a visit to the Jungfrau if you travel from Lauterbrunnen. On any non-free travel day between the first and last free travel day, you'll get 50% discount to Wengen and 25% discount on the rest of the journey.

3. The Schilthorn is 50% discounted. No free travel day required as well.

4. That's correct!

Enjoy your stay!
Last modified on Dec 28, 2014 - 4:34 PM by Arno
Removed user
Removed user
0 posts
new member
Mar 17, 2012 - 3:48 PM
Thank you for the quick reply. My apology for misreading the map legend. One more quick question: We are transferring in Basel from a French train from Paris to a Swiss train going to Bern. If we get the pass validated in Basel, can we get the 50 per cent reduction on the Basel-Bern train without using a travel day, or do we have to use a travel day on the same day the pass is validated?

Arno said: Hi claytonkeller111,

1./2. I believe the map we link to shows 25% off for Wengen - Jungfraujoch. The maps shows the number one in a red circle next to that leg and the map legend explains that it stands for 25% reduction. It's mentioned under "Swiss Flexi Pass features" on the Swiss Flexi Pass page as well. Where did you see the 50% discount? I would like to correct that if it is somewhere on our website. You don't need a free travel day for a visit to the Jungfrau if you travel from Lauterbrunnen. On any non-free travel day between the first and last free travel day, you'll get 50% discount to Wengen and 25% discount on the rest of the journey.

3. The Schilthorn is 50% discounted. No free travel day required as well.

4. That's correct!

Enjoy your stay!
Last modified on Dec 28, 2014 - 4:34 PM by Arno
Arno
Arno
10731 posts
expert &
moderator
Mar 18, 2012 - 4:26 AM
Hi claytonkeller111,

The Swiss Flexi Pass needs to start with a free travel day, so the transfer to Bern would be free in your case.
silverfish12
silverfish12
5 posts
new member
Mar 20, 2012 - 1:25 AM
Dear Arno,

Below is my itinerary for Switzerland.
1 May - Paris to Bern
2 May - Bern to Lucerne
3 May - Lucerne, Mt Pilatus
4 May - Lucerne to Milan

I have no problem understanding how the Swiss pass works. For my itinerary above, I believe that I have to make a seat reservation for the journey from Lucerne to Milan.
I checked on raileurope.com.sg that they have train from Lucerne to Milan on 4 May departing at 8.18.
However, if I enter the selection that I have a pass, by selecting the Swiss Spring 2 for 1 Promotion, the search will return no result. If I select the normal Swiss pass, then the slot is available for reservatioin. I think this is quite sneaky for the 2 for 1 promotion as I cannot make the reservation using this pass.

Do you think that I should get this 2 for 1 pass?
Arno
Arno
10731 posts
expert &
moderator
Mar 20, 2012 - 2:52 AM

Hi silverfish12,

Yes, you should definitely get the 2-for-1 pass. You can just select the normal Swiss Pass to book your seat. The Swiss Spring 2-for-1 Promotion grants the exact same discount on your trip as the normal Swiss Pass. You can get the pass here and the seat reservation here.

I hope this helps you out!

Last modified on Oct 27, 2017 - 5:02 PM by Arno
silverfish12
silverfish12
5 posts
new member
Mar 20, 2012 - 6:13 AM

Thank you, Arno. You have been a big help :-)

Arno said: Hi silverfish12,

Yes, you should definitely get the 2-for-1 pass. You can just select the normal Swiss Pass to book your seat. The Swiss Spring 2-for-1 Promotion grants the exact same discount on your trip as the normal Swiss Pass. You can get the pass here and the seat reservation here.

I hope this helps you out!

svetafom12
svetafom12
3 posts
new member
Mar 21, 2012 - 8:00 AM
Hi Arno,
Thank you for the sites you gave-the info is definately helpful.
If I get Swiss Saver Pass 1for 2 shall I somehow validate it in Switzerland on the arrival?
Is it possible to get seats in Glacier express without reservation beforehand? What is a minimum period for seat reservation?

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Sign up

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018