2-in-1 Tell Pass promotion, how to use code

• xzzhu22
    Participant
    25 posts
    29 July 2022 at 3:15:31 #827908

I made reservation using the 2 for 1 tell pass deal and got a promo code which is supposed to receive 30% off.

But I could not figure out how to use it. I enter it on SBB site but always invalid. And the hotel doesn’t respond to my question either. Should I contact the tourist info center? And the tell pass covers the trip from Interlaken to Luzern. However I have to pick up the pass at Luzern which means I have pay for this segment. Anyway to get around?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Anna
    6355 posts
    29 July 2022 at 4:57:38 #944885

Hi xzzhu22,

On the link you provided it says under Details of the promotion: Once the hotel booking has been made: the purchase and issue of Tell-Passes requires prior booking via your local tourist information office (the Tell-Pass is a physical ticket that cannot be delivered digitally)

Based on this info, once you’ve made your hotel booking, you’ll get a promo code, which you can use to buy your 2-in-1 Tell Pass directly from the Lucerne Tourist Office or other recognised sales outlets. For further information, you can contact the Lucerne Tourist Office.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Anna

Arno
    15482 posts
    30 July 2022 at 7:59:38 #944886

Hi xzzhu22,

Just a side note: you don’t have to enter a railpass code or number at the SBB website. Entering product codes is usually meant for Swiss residents who have a digital account to which they can add their travel products. For most tourist rail passes this option isn’t available. It’s not necessary either. Once you have your valid Tell Pass you don’t need tickets for most trips in the Lake Lucerne area anyway (see https://www.myswissalps.com/tellpass/validity and https://www.myswissalps.com/tellpass/howtouse). And if you do need additional tickets, you can buy them wherever/however you like without a product code.

• The thread ‘2-in-1 Tell Pass promotion, how to use code’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.