2 month Swiss Half Fare Card?

2 month Swiss Half Fare Card?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
eckerjoe
eckerjoe
1 post
Nov 2, 2017 - 12:54 PM

Hi All,

I wanted to buy a 2months half fare card in a SBB office.The lady told me that it is available if I have a kind of voucher. Do you now anyone what this voucher is, and where couild I find this kind of voucher ?

Regards, Jozsef

Lucas
Lucas
5608 posts
expert &
Nov 2, 2017 - 3:34 PM in reply to eckerjoe

Hi Jozsef and welcome to MySwissAlps!

No, I haven't heard of a 2 month Swiss Half Fare Card before - or a voucher to be able to get it.

The women at the SBB office who told you this didn't give you any further details about the voucher?

rockoyster
rockoyster
3391 posts
expert
Nov 3, 2017 - 2:33 AM in reply to eckerjoe

Hi Jozsef,

There was a story running earlier in the year that you could get a voucher if you were a member of Touring Club Schweiz. That deal ended in August.

Apparently various companies provide similar vouchers from time to time.

You can read a bit more about the TCS offer in this thread www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/topic/bernese-oberland-pass-suitability (starts at second post by "wembley" timed Jul 19 at 2:48am).

It was never clear whether the deal was only available to Swiss nationals or tourists.

Last modified on Nov 3, 2017 - 2:53 AM by rockoyster

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018