2 nights in Zermatt or 2 nights in Murren?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Cldghiorzi
Cldghiorzi
7 posts
Jan 4, 2019 - 5:37 PM

I HAVE to narrow down nights. I either get 2 nights in Zermatt and 1 night in Murren OR 1 night in Zermatt and 2 nights in Murren. Not skiing. Will have a 9mo old with me so we likely won't be going above 2000m with her. Just want to eat, drink, walk, light hiking, see amazingness.

Lucas
Lucas
10496 posts
top member
Jan 4, 2019 - 6:11 PM in reply to Cldghiorzi

Hi Cldghiorzi,

option# 3 - 3 nights Zermatt (www.myswissalps.com/ze rmatt). :)

It is a fair bit of travel for just 1 night in Mürren...(www.myswissalps.com/mu rren) but if you need to see/visit both towns I'd go two in Zermatt.

Mark
Mark
289 posts
top member
Jan 5, 2019 - 2:06 PM

Hi Cidghiorzi

Zermatt is much much easier to get to especially with luggage and an infant. It is also much larger with more to see and do and a large variety of shops,restaurants,and hotels. Murren has very limited choices. Zermatt also has a good view of the Matterhorn.

Murren’s main advantage is a much better vista with wonderful views of Lauderbrunnen valley and Jungfrau. It is also a very small quiet quaint town which can also be appealing.

Overall I agree with Lucas. 3 nights in Zermatt makes sense in your situation Mark

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019