2 nights in Zermatt or 2 nights in Murren?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Cldghiorzi
Cldghiorzi
5 posts
Jan 4, 2019 - 5:37 PM

I HAVE to narrow down nights. I either get 2 nights in Zermatt and 1 night in Murren OR 1 night in Zermatt and 2 nights in Murren. Not skiing. Will have a 9mo old with me so we likely won't be going above 2000m with her. Just want to eat, drink, walk, light hiking, see amazingness.

Lucas
Lucas
10261 posts
expert &
Jan 4, 2019 - 6:11 PM in reply to Cldghiorzi

Hi Cldghiorzi,

option# 3 - 3 nights Zermatt (www.myswissalps.com/ze rmatt). :)

It is a fair bit of travel for just 1 night in Mürren...(www.myswissalps.com/mu rren) but if you need to see/visit both towns I'd go two in Zermatt.

Mark
Mark
225 posts
Jan 5, 2019 - 2:06 PM

Hi Cidghiorzi

Zermatt is much much easier to get to especially with luggage and an infant. It is also much larger with more to see and do and a large variety of shops,restaurants,and hotels. Murren has very limited choices. Zermatt also has a good view of the Matterhorn.

Murren’s main advantage is a much better vista with wonderful views of Lauderbrunnen valley and Jungfrau. It is also a very small quiet quaint town which can also be appealing.

Overall I agree with Lucas. 3 nights in Zermatt makes sense in your situation Mark

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019