2-week hike France + 8 days Lauterbrunnen/Zurich

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 July 2022 at 15:24:07 #827690

We will be arriving in Geneva the first week of September. We (husband and me) need to get to Chamonix to start our 2 week hike in the Alps. I am planning to take the train from Geneva to Chamonix. After 2 weeks we end our hike in Nice. From Nice we are flying to Basel. Our hotel is in Lauterbrunnen. If I am looking at train routes correctly I think I can get from Basel to Lauterbrunnen by train. We will be in Lauterbrunnen for 4-5 days and I would like to use that location as my “hub” to travel to other locations via train. After Lauterbrunnen we would like to take the train to Zurich and stay there for a few days before flying home. In a nutshell it looks like we will be doing about 8-9 days of train travel over 1 month. I am not sure which pass would be the best purchase for my husband and me. I definitely want to do a boat tour while in Zurich. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am trying to compare just buying single tickets for each adventure or purchasing one of the different passes offered.

Please and Thank you. d

• The thread ‘2-week hike France + 8 days Lauterbrunnen/Zurich’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.