2 weeks Wengen, Geneva arrival – which pass(es)?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 April 2018 at 14:29:37 #815149

I am struggling with the best combination of rail passes to use for an upcoming family trip.

I will be joining family at Wengen and we will be purchasing Bernese Oberland passes for the two weeks in Wengen. I will then be travelling by myself back to the Geneva airport.

My thought is to use a Half Fare card for the trip from the airport to Wengen because that card saves money on the BO pass. But I am struggling to determine how to best evaluate and plan for the cost from Geneva airport to Wengen.

Any advise on how to determine which combination of passes will work best for me will be greatly appreciated.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 April 2018 at 17:08:11 #881006

Hi sdrummond and welcome to MySwissAlps!

If you’ve decided on the Regional Pass – Bernese Oberland for your two week stay (2 passes?)
    and you only need travel to/from Wengen and Geneva airport, I’m not sure buying a Swiss Half Fare Card for that is best – but maybe with the 25% discount on the BO pass as you note.

Have you used our spreadsheet to help you choose the best rail pass here? That is the only way to know for sure what is best. You’ll need to plan out all trips and find prices first though.

• The thread ‘2 weeks Wengen, Geneva arrival – which pass(es)?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11030 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.