2 weeks Wengen, Geneva arrival - which pass(es)?

2 weeks Wengen, Geneva arrival - which pass(es)?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
sdrummond
sdrummond
1 post
Apr 5, 2018 - 2:29 PM

I am struggling with the best combination of rail passes to use for an upcoming family trip.

I will be joining family at Wengen and we will be purchasing Bernese Oberland passes for the two weeks in Wengen. I will then be travelling by myself back to the Geneva airport.

My thought is to use a Half Fare card for the trip from the airport to Wengen because that card saves money on the BO pass. But I am struggling to determine how to best evaluate and plan for the cost from Geneva airport to Wengen.

Any advise on how to determine which combination of passes will work best for me will be greatly appreciated.

Lucas
Lucas
7195 posts
expert &
Apr 5, 2018 - 5:08 PM in reply to sdrummond

Hi sdrummond and welcome to MySwissAlps!

If you've decided on the Regional Pass - Bernese Oberland for your two week stay (2 passes?)
and you only need travel to/from Wengen and Geneva airport, I'm not sure buying a Swiss Half Fare Card for that is best - but maybe with the 25% discount on the BO pass as you note.

Have you used our spreadsheet to help you choose the best rail pass here? That is the only way to know for sure what is best. You'll need to plan out all trips and find prices first though.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018