20 day Switzerland itinerary for June – thoughts?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 May 2017 at 1:54:14 #811864

Hello, I have really enjoyed reading the forum reports the last few weeks and appreciated the advice that has been provided. So I thought I would list our (my husband and I) itinerary and see if there are any suggestions anyone would make. We are so fortunate to be able to spend almost 3 weeks in Switzerland!

Day 1, June 22 – Arrive 8AM Zurich Airport and spend the night in Zurich

Day 2-4 Meiringen – Hike Aare Gorge, see Reichenbach Falls, visit Ballenberg, maybe Schynige Platte and lake cruises

Day 5-6 Murren – Hike, see Lauterbrunnen Falls, maybe Jungfrau or Schilthorn

Day 6-7 Bern – Visit Murten, take 3 lakes cruise, explore Bern, leave Bern by way of Speiz to catch the Golden Pass train to Bulle

Day 8-9 Bulle – Visit Gruyere, Broc, Montreaux, maybe Lausanne

Day 10-11 Zermatt – hike and hopefully see the Matterhorn

Day 12-13 Lugano via Glacier Express to Andermatt and then Gotthard Panorama Express – visit Bellizona, lake, Monte Bre or San Salvatore. We will have Ticino Pass.

Day 14-15 Take bus to Tirano and Bernia Express to Postresina. We will have Postresina Pass.

Day 16-17 Go to Luzern via Glacier Express, changing to Gotthard Express at Andermatt and hopefully taking the boat from Fluelen to Luzern. Visit Pilatus and/or Rigi and the town

Day 18 Leave Luzern and travel to Stein am Rhein via St. Gallen

Day 19 Visit Rhein Falls and spend night by Zurich airport

Day 20 Fly home at 6AM

We plan to get the 15 day Travel Pass Flex.

We have reservations for all of our nights at AirBnBs and Budget hotels, but they can be changed until the first week of June. Thanks so much for any ideas you would like to share!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 May 2017 at 18:07:44 #863485

Hi Mvmomcat,
    Looks pretty well thought out! The key is to be flexible and able to shift your activities if needed due to weather etc).

On the 2 day “dates” like Day 16-17 Are you getting to Luzern on the 16th and looking at Pilatus and/or Rigi on the 17th? I couldn’t tell where you are breaking your day.

You can purchase the Swiss Travel Pass Flex here, and use the SBB timetable here to plan out your trips (if you haven’t already!)

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 May 2017 at 22:40:58 #863486

Thanks Lucas, when I wrote 15-16, that means those are the dates of the nights we are spending in each place. Hopefully spending 2-3 days in each place will allow us the flexibility to take advantage of clear weather. Thanks for links, we will be buying our passes next week and making the bus reservation to Tirano.

• The thread ‘20 day Switzerland itinerary for June – thoughts?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.