2018 Swiss Travel Pass and Mt Pilatus ticket price

2018 Swiss Travel Pass and Mt Pilatus ticket price

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
Stacy
Stacy
22 posts
Nov 11, 2017 - 12:43 AM

I read that the 2018 Swiss Travel Pass will no longer cover Mt Pilatus for free but will now only give a 50% discount. I plan on taking the cogwheel train from Alpnachstad to Pilatus Kulm then the Dragon Ride cable car to Frakmuntegg . There I'll do the toboggan run, ride the cable car back up to Frakmuntegg, and then take the gondola down to Kriens. If I understand correctly, the cogwheel train and the cable car are 50% discounted. Would this ticket cost 52 Swiss francs/ 26 francs with STP? Is the gondola to Kriens still covered 100% by the STP? Also, I read that I can catch the cable car at the bottom of the toboggan run back up to the top for free. Is this correct? Thanks for your help!

rockoyster
rockoyster
1020 posts
top member
Nov 11, 2017 - 9:14 AM in reply to Stacy
Last modified on Nov 11, 2017 - 9:17 AM by rockoyster
Stacy
Stacy
22 posts
Nov 11, 2017 - 11:39 PM in reply to rockoyster

Thank you for your reply. The change note says "cableway" and cogwheel train will be a 50% discount.. Does the "cableway" include the gondolas from/to Kriens or is it only the cable car to/from Pilatus Kulm? Thanks again.

rockoyster
rockoyster
1020 posts
top member
Nov 12, 2017 - 1:54 AM in reply to Stacy

Pretty sure it's all the way - Kriens is the start point to get to Pilatus Kulm. I used "cableway" as the generic term for gondola/cable car.

Stacy
Stacy
22 posts
Nov 12, 2017 - 7:21 AM in reply to rockoyster

Thank you. Just my luck it changes the year I'm going to Switzerland!

rockoyster
rockoyster
1020 posts
top member
Nov 12, 2017 - 8:37 AM in reply to Stacy

'it happens!

On the other hand if you happen to have Schilthorn on your agenda then it is free in 2018. 🤓

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2017