2nd class Swiss Travel Pass, 1st class Golden Pass

• Ozswstrv
    Participant
    37 posts
    22 September 2018 at 9:07:41 #818475

Hi All and good morning,

we have a 2nd class Swiss pass. I mistakenly purchased 1st class tickets on the golden pass.

We board on Sunday in Zwiessmenn

What do I do about the tickets? How do I pay the difference? Can we pay on the train when the tickets are being checked?

kind regards and thanks

Matt

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Ozswstrv
    Participant
    37 posts
    22 September 2018 at 10:18:33 #896697

I have downloaded the SBB app but I don’t see how I can purchase an upgrade.

also the 1st and 2nd class tix seem to be price on the golden pass website. I’m very confused.

Ozswstrv
    Participant
    37 posts
    22 September 2018 at 11:45:34 #896698

I do see it on the app now. The upgrade cost from Zweissmmen to Montreux for 2 adults and 2 kids in 75 CHF. Can I pay for this on the train instead when the tickets are checked?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 September 2018 at 13:30:22 #896699

Hi Ozswstrv,

Did you mean to say you bought 1st class seat reservations, rather than tickets?

In that case, upgrading to 1st class with your Swiss Travel Pass is the best idea – but you can’t do so on the train. By that point you are riding in the wrong class for your ticket and will get a fine.

You can upgrade on the SBB app or at any train station in Switzerland that has a staffed office – even at many ticket machines as well but the office is easiest for you I think.

If you want to do it on the app, the procedure is explained here: http://www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/topic/how-to-buy-a-class-upgrade-in-the-sbb-mobile-app

Ozswstrv
    Participant
    37 posts
    23 September 2018 at 9:47:06 #896700

Thanks as always

• The thread ‘2nd class Swiss Travel Pass, 1st class Golden Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.