3 days based in Basel - best rail pass?

3 days based in Basel - best rail pass?

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
gargsaurabh
gargsaurabh
2 posts
Sep 7, 2017 - 10:00 PM

Hi Friends

I need your help to advise me on the itinerary.

I am travelling with my family(partner and infant) to Swizz. I have 3 full days starting from Basel(my hotel location).

Day 1: Travel to Jungfrau( should it be via Lucerne so that I can travel in Golden pass rail?)

Day 2: Travel to Mt Titlis

Day 3: Lucerne + Rhine falls or Lucerne + Pilatus or any suggestion

Also, can you suggest if I should buy 3-day Swizz pass or half fare pass?

Thank you.

Lucas
Lucas
3080 posts
expert &
Sep 8, 2017 - 1:10 PM in reply to gargsaurabh

Hi Gargsaurabh and welcome to MySwissAlps!

Definitely the Swiss Travel Pass would be the most convenient option (fewer individual tickets need to be bought). The only way to know for sure though is to do the math on each of your planned trips and compare pricing. We have a page here on how to choose the best rail pass to help you.

Lastly, are you set on staying in Baselthe entire trip to Switzerland? (not Swizz) ;)
Lucerne would be much more convenient.

Use the Swiss railways timetable to plan your trips around Switzerland. Do note that Jungfraujoch from Basel or Lucerne is 4 hours one way on the train.

Lucas

gargsaurabh
gargsaurabh
2 posts
Sep 8, 2017 - 1:51 PM

Hi Lucas

Unfortunately, I have now booked the hotel so cannot cancel .Can you please suggest:

Day 1: if not Jungfrau then what best?

Day 3 - Must see the place?

Thanks.

Lucas
Lucas
3080 posts
expert &
Sep 8, 2017 - 2:15 PM in reply to gargsaurabh

Day 1: There is a lot to do certainly - it depends on what your interests are. You can still go to Jungfraujoch it is just a long day.

Day 3: Are you asking about the RheinFalls? I don't think it is a must-visit no. Mt. Pilatus is a great trip for sure if you want to go up a mountain and a good replacement for Jungfraujoch if you don't go.

Lucas

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2017