3 day itinerary Hmoon tip(perhaps Lausanne Zurich)

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 May 2017 at 21:41:57 #811651

Hi everyone

Im off to my honeymoon tomorrow and made a last minute decision to skip 3 days in Venice and visit Switzerland instead , from Paris.

Ive done a lot of research but Switzerland seems to be filled with way more places to visit than i anticipated..

What I had mind is to visit Lausanne perhaps for two nights( see the chocolate factory and cheese factory) and finally visit Zurich so we can see the Rhines falls and fly off from Zurich to Rome.

Could any expert assist and advise f there is a city or activity i am missing out in favour of a less interesting activity. Or whether there is more to do in Zurich than Lausanne.

Ive read about many cities and the golden pass and to be honest am so lost

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 May 2017 at 8:38:44 #862688

Hi ajx87 and welcome to MySwissAlps!

Well it really depends on what you want to see and do in Switzerland. Do you want scenic train rides? Go up some of the local mountains?

You probably don’t need to visit Zurich at all on this trip except a half-day perhaps before your flight 0 see what to do in Zurich here.

A good idea might be to stay in Montreux to see the chocolate factory and cheese factory and then take the Golden Pass panoramic train to Luzern and from Luzern there a lots of mountains to explore before heading to Zurich.

I hope that helps a little at this late moment of trip planning!

Lucas

• The thread ‘3 day itinerary Hmoon tip(perhaps Lausanne Zurich)’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.