3 Day family trip with Swiss Travel Pass?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 February 2019 at 8:01:52 #820070

Hi,

We are a family of 6 adults and 2 child ( age 6,10). we want to cover the below route in 3 days. could you please advise best way to travel ? shall we consider swiss travel pass for 3 days ?

Our itenary is as below:

Day 1 : zurich to Interlaken, We would stay in interlaken for 1 nights. We plan to go around lake brinz, thun, interlaken local.

Day 2 : Interlaken to lauterbrunnen. Here we will also like to cover schillthon mountain excersion and lauterbrunnen local. Later in the evening we want to reach Tasch

Day 3 : Interlaken to Zermatt . Today we would like to cover Zermatt and Gornergrath Mountain and then head back to german border (Singen) by evening.

I would like to know if i should take swiss pass or i should plan individual travel and mountain excersion?

If we take swiss pass , are all routes covered in Swiss Pass ? I was reading that from Zurich to Interlaken one has to take IC train and it is not covered in Swiss pass ? If i can know what all parts are not covered then it will help me to decide how to travel.

Also would appreciate if someone can give us the train timetable from Zurich to interlaken and from interlaken to Zermatt.

• The thread ‘3 Day family trip with Swiss Travel Pass?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.