3 day travel itinerary in Interlaken in April

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 January 2019 at 14:11:25 #819389

Hello

This will be my first post here. My wife and I are planning to visit Switzerland as a part of our Europe trip in April. Will take the train from Brussels to enter Switzerland on April 3, and leave via Zurich to Vienna on the night of 5th.

I wanted to see the country side, the valley and the mountain regions. Not interested in hiking or other physical activities. I thought of staying the nights in wengen or Grindelwald, but they are out of my budget, even with Airbnb. So need suggestions on which town to use as base for the 2 nights (3rd and 4th April).We wanted to stay in a area with easy access to train/bus stop, with grocery shop nearby, from where we could visit the picturesque Swiss villages.

We will probably have little to do on day one apart from exploring the city on foot. On day two we would like to to visit Jungfrau and wengen if weather permits. On day 3, would like to take the Saver day pass, and go to Lucerne, do mount rigi( included in the SDP I believe) and then move to Zurich for overnight bus to Vienna. Can I use any phase of golden pass line on my SVP? Any other activities I can do on Day 3 with the pass?

So to sum up, where to base for two nights on a budget, and what to do for 2 and a half days around Interlaken (with SDP for one day).

Thanks a lot.

Mamun.

• The thread ‘3 day travel itinerary in Interlaken in April’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.