3 day trekking:Muveran, Dents du Midi or Jungfrau?

3 day trekking:Muveran, Dents du Midi or Jungfrau?

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
sbileca
sbileca
2 posts
Mar 27, 2017 - 3:04 AM

Hello all,

Our family of four (children 13 and 17) will be in Switzerland for 1 week during the last week of June. We fly into Zurich and out of Geneva, and we will spend 2 days visiting family near Zurich and our final day in Geneva. We would like to do a 3-day hike, with 4-6 hours hiking each day between huts or inns. We are experienced hikers. Any strong preferences out there between the Tour des Muverans, the Tour des Dents du Midi or 3 days in Bernese Oberland (Jungfrau, etc.)? Most interested in dramatic scenery and wilderness experience.

Thanks!

Steve

Arno
Arno
9752 posts
expert &
Mar 29, 2017 - 6:29 AM

Welcome to MySwissAlps Steve!

I haven't done the first two tours but the major difference with the Bernese Oberland I think, is that the Bernese Oberland is (much) more touristy. You'll have more routes to choose from, more transportation if needed, and also the option of doing day hikes instead of hut to hut so you'll be more flexible weather wise. The longer more difficult hikes like Mürren to Kandersteg are less touristy though. You can use the search box to find threads with more details, and also myswissalps.com/forum/ topic/tips-about-wengen-and-the-jungfrau-region-by-kim might be interesting.

With the Tour des Muverans and Dents du Midi you're more or less restricted to one route, so you need good weather for a couple of days and be sure the trails are clear of snow (the local tourist offices can inform you). As experienced hikers I'm probably not sharing anything new here, and all 3 options should be suitable for you.

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018