3 day trip to swiss

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 January 2012 at 9:42:18 #804841

HI ,
    My wife and me are planning to visit swiss in end of Jan’12.Though our schedule is tight so planned very little as follows:

Day 1 : Paris -Geneva-Interlaken(stay in Interlaken)
    Day2: Interlaken -Lucerne-Mt. Titlis-Interlaken
    Day3:Interlaken-Jaungfrau-Geneva(stay in Geneva

Day4 : Morning flight to Paris

Would like to know few things before i finalize tickets

will this work? or any suggestion to modify?entry point should be Geneva or Zurich?
    Will it be economical to go for any swiss pass or buy individual tickets?
    Any suggestion for making base from where we can commute to individual places?
    Any suggestion for hotel?
    Would appreciate your early response /feedbacks.
    Thanks

Wbr Abhinay

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7121 posts
    15 January 2012 at 8:35:03 #834645

Hello Abhinay! Zurich would make sense as your entry point, since that’s closer to Interlaken. Your itinerary will work out, even if you enter from Geneva. On day 2, you can shorten your traveling time by visiting the Pilatus (to be reached from Lucerne) instead of the Titlis, which requires an extra trip to Engelberg. The Pilatus offers great views too. The timetable will assist you in planning your trips.

For your itinerary, it’s cheaper to buy a rail pass that to use regular tickets. The Swiss Half Fare Card would be a good option.

Hotels in Interlaken can be found through this hotel page.

• The thread ‘3 day trip to swiss’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11020 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.