3 day trip with Lucerne as base

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 October 2015 at 19:59:27 #846358

Dear Arno ,

I checked the swiss pass which I received.

It has the first and last day , name ,country of residence already printed on it .

Also in the area marked : Issuing Stamp and Validating Stamp : there are printed date of issue and number .”REA” with CIV NO.

I suppose this does not need further validation ?

Q2. Swiss Travel System Family pass has got blank spaces for parents name 1 ,2 , parents address and signature and the next page has blank lines to fill the child name with DOB …DO I HAVE TO FILL UP ALL THESE ?

Q3. Swiss peak for Titlis : mentions travel on cable cars Engelberg-Trubsee-Stand-Titlis and back down .Including trip on Ice Flyer .

“EXCHANGE VOUCHER AT THE CASH DESK OF THE VALLEY STATION “……..what do they mean by the Valley station ?

Q4: for Pilatus : Travel from Kriens /Alpnachtad to Pilatus Kulm and Back down either way …once agin same message “EXCHANGE VOUCHER AT THE CASH DESK OF THE VALLEY STATION “……..what do they mean by the Valley station for Titlis ?

Which way isto be used Kreiens or Alpnachtad , I mean from Lucerne .

Thanks a lot .

Arno
    15484 posts
    4 October 2015 at 13:12:22 #846359

Hi reader1972,

Q1. This sounds like a pass that is ready to use. Normally only the “print at home” passes are like that, but perhaps they made a change. It should also have the passport number on it. It indeed sounds like it does not need validation, but you can ask the train staff if you’re not sure.

Q2. Yes, all the names need to be filled out.

Q3./Q4. “Valley station” is where you board the cable car in the valley. There’s only one for the Titlis, which is in Engelberg. There are two for Mount Pilatus and it’s up to you where you start your trip.

Viewing 2 posts - 21 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • The thread ‘3 day trip with Lucerne as base’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.