3 days based in Basel – best rail pass?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 September 2017 at 22:00:03 #813220

Hi Friends

I need your help to advise me on the itinerary.

I am travelling with my family(partner and infant) to Swizz. I have 3 full days starting from Basel(my hotel location).

Day 1: Travel to Jungfrau( should it be via Lucerne so that I can travel in Golden pass rail?)

Day 2: Travel to Mt Titlis

Day 3: Lucerne + Rhine falls or Lucerne + Pilatus or any suggestion

Also, can you suggest if I should buy 3-day Swizz pass or half fare pass?

Thank you.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 September 2017 at 13:10:26 #869638

Hi Gargsaurabh and welcome to MySwissAlps!

Definitely the Swiss Travel Pass would be the most convenient option (fewer individual tickets need to be bought). The only way to know for sure though is to do the math on each of your planned trips and compare pricing. We have a page here on how to choose the best rail pass to help you.

Lastly, are you set on staying in Baselthe entire trip to Switzerland? (not Swizz) 😉
    Lucerne would be much more convenient.

Use the Swiss railways timetable to plan your trips around Switzerland. Do note that Jungfraujoch from Basel or Lucerne is 4 hours one way on the train.

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 September 2017 at 13:51:22 #869639

Hi Lucas

Unfortunately, I have now booked the hotel so cannot cancel .Can you please suggest:

Day 1: if not Jungfrau then what best?

Day 3 – Must see the place?

Thanks.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 September 2017 at 14:15:14 #869640

Day 1: There is a lot to do certainly – it depends on what your interests are. You can still go to Jungfraujoch it is just a long day.

Day 3: Are you asking about the RheinFalls? I don’t think it is a must-visit no. Mt. Pilatus is a great trip for sure if you want to go up a mountain and a good replacement for Jungfraujoch if you don’t go.

Lucas

• The thread ‘3 days based in Basel – best rail pass?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.