3 days in Jungfrau region, itinerary questions

• Jeckyjeck
    Participant
    4 posts
    16 August 2022 at 4:05:55 #828099

Hello, we will be in Jungfrau region and will be getting the Jungfrau travel pass. I would like to ask for suggestion for our itinerary.

Day 1 – check in Interlaken in the morning. We will go to Harder Kulm, Lake Brienz, Iseltwald and Giessbach

Day 2 – In the morning, Lauterbrunnen-Wengen-Mannlichen

In the afternoon – Lunch and Grindewald First

Day 3 – In the morning, Jungfraujoch – top of the Europe

Question 1: Can the Jungfraujoch travel pass includes my itinerary above? I know that there is an additional payment for final leg going to Jungfraujoch but for the rest (Cable car, gondola, train and bus), are they included?

Question 2: Is my Day 2 okay? Can we add more places to go in Day 2? Is the Royal ride (balcony on the gondola included)

Question 3: Where can we go in the afternoon of Day 3? Would prefer an itinerary without additional fees and we will focus more on sight seeing.

Thank you for your help in advance.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Anna
    6382 posts
    16 August 2022 at 15:28:57 #945685

Hi Jeckyjeck,

Welcome to MySwissAlps.

Your current itinerary is well-paced and reasonable.

1. Yes, the Jungfrau Travel Pass (JTP) covers all the destinations in your itinerary except for the trip to Jungfraujoch (you will need to pay a fixed price of CHF75 for the return trip from Eigergletscher to Jungfraujoch. The journey is free up to Eigergletscher with the JTP regardless if you take the cable car or cogwheel train. You can view and download the validity map here: http://www.myswissalps.com/jungfrautravelpass/validity

2. Day 2 – your plan is doable. You might have to pay a surcharge to travel on the Royal Ride gondola to Männlichen. I think it’s CHF5 per person. With the JTP, it’s free to ride on the regular gondola. You can find more info here: http://www.myswissalps.com/mannlichen/tickets

3. Suggestions for Day 3 – perhaps a mountain excursion to Schynige Platte and boat trip on Lake Thun or explore the village of Mürren.

Regards,

Anna

Jeckyjeck
    Participant
    4 posts
    17 August 2022 at 3:15:39 #945686

Hi Anna,

Good day to you! I would like to thank you for your wonderful comments and suggestions. Looking forward to see the beautiful Jungfrau region. Take care.

Regards,

Jeckyjeck

Danielsan
    Participant
    634 posts
    18 August 2022 at 5:16:01 #945687

Hi Jeckyjeck,

Day 1: If you can go to Iseltwald and Geissbach first, it may be possible to cross the lake to Brienz and see the Brienzer Rothorn as well. I say this because Harder Kulm is open a bit later and if you go later in the day, you can catch the sunset from there as well. (I happen to love sunsets, sepecially over the mountains.) Something to think about, as you could also seek Harder on pretty much any of the days on your itinerary.

Day 2:. I’m not sure what you’re planning between Mannlichen and Grindelwald First, but perhaps you may think about doing the Granny Walk from Mannlichen down to Kleine Scheidegg, then take the train down into Grindelwald from there. There is a nice restaurant (Grindelwaldblick) along the (Granny Walk) trail, about ten to fifteen minutes before reaching Kleine Scheidegg. You can see K. S from the restaurant, in fact. If you are heading there in the morning, you should have plenty of time to do this on your way to Grindelwald.

Hope this helps you in some way. Have a freat time wherever you decide.

Regards,

Danielsan

Jeckyjeck
    Participant
    4 posts
    18 August 2022 at 7:34:07 #945688

Dear Danielsan,

Many thanks to your suggestions. These are helpful. I will check the Granny Walk that you have mentioned. Just wondering if this is the same as the Royal Walk?

Regards,

Jeckyjeck

Danielsan
    Participant
    634 posts
    18 August 2022 at 8:16:46 #945689

Hi Jeckyjeck,

I’m not positive, but I’m pretty sure that is in the opposite direction, to the actual summit of Mannlichen. If so, I believe its about a 30-45 min walk, depending on photos, and such.

Regards,

Danielsan

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 August 2022 at 8:17:29 #945690

Hi Jeckyjeck,

the ‘Grannies Walk’ is the one from Männlichen to Kleine Scheidegg: http://www.myswissalps.com/hiking/maennlichen-kleinescheidegg.

The Royal walk is a shorter walk at the top of Mannlichen: http://www.myswissalps.com/mannlichen.

Ildiko

Jeckyjeck
    Participant
    4 posts
    18 August 2022 at 9:49:59 #945691

Hi Ildiko,

Super thanks for this clarification. Have a great day!

• The thread ‘3 days in Jungfrau region, itinerary questions’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.