How best spend 3 days Lucerne-based early April

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 March 2019 at 15:09:52 #820483

Hi All

I have about 3 days in lucerne from 5th April to 7th April. I’d like to spend those 3 days in Lucerne in the best possible way. These are my thoughts. Please help me with your feedback.

I arrive in Lucerne in afternoon of 5th April. I plan to spend the afternoon and evening to do the cruise on Lake Lucerne. After that walk around in the old and new town, settle down for nice dinner and get done with the day. Is there anything specific you’d suggest I add to this plan?

On the second day I’d like to hire a car and drive down to Grindelwald. I’d like to stop at a few villages on the way, such as, Sachseln, Brienz, Interlaken, etc. Could you help me know

If these villages are pretty?

Are there any other villages that I should add to this list?

Are any of these villages car free?

Alternatively I could also take the cruise that drops and picks you up in small villages around Lucerne. Can you give me more details about this cruise?

Do you think a hike up to pilatus makes sense in early april. i don’t think i’ll get very good views from the top of pilatus in early april. Am I right?

Thanks Everyone

• The thread ‘How best spend 3 days Lucerne-based early April’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.