Feb 25, 2017 - 2:32 PM
I along with a friend are planning to spend 3 days in Switzerland. Below are the things that we have booked.
- We will fly to Zurich on 18th March. We will land around 09:45AM.
- We will fly from Zurich on 20th March. Our flight time is 19:25.
Below is what we have planned:
- We will either take a train from Zurich to Lucerne on 18th March and just explore the lake area for a couple of hours or stay in Zurich and walk in the old city instead.
- We then plan to take a train to Zermatt and reach there by night time.
- We plan to take a gondola to Matterhorn Glacier Area in the early morning and get back to Zermatt by noon.
- After Lunch, We plan to reach Interlaken by train and having a meal there, We would like to reach a base spot like Grindelwald, Lauterbrunnen or any such spot by night and stay there for the night.
- We will take a trip to Jungfraujoch in the early morning [The first train] and come back by 12PM
- After which, we will take a train to Zurich.
Note: We are not planning to perform any activity or ski. We really really want to visit Matterhorn and Jungfraujoch.
My concerns are:
1. Where shall we stay on the second night of our trip.
2. Is our itinerary doable. Do you find any concerns? We might have not considered a factor while planning.
3. Which things do you think shall we skip?
I will appreciate any responses. Thanks for your help in advance.