3 days in Switzerland – rail pass options

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 May 2018 at 16:40:05 #815876

Hello! I’m trying to figure this out on my own but it’s still very confusing. 2 adults 1 teen travelling on 6/14 from Vienna into Zurich. We will then stay in Bern for 2 nights, Zurich 1 night (last day) to fly out am on 6/17. Would like to spend one day in Jungrfrau region and spend day #2 taking bus to small towns outside of Bern such as Langnau. I think the Swiss pass covers most?? If we come in by plane on Thursday – we need 4 day correct? Also considered a night train leaving Wed 6/16 from Vienna and arriving Thursday 6/14 in the am. Does the swiss pass cover anything with that? Thank you!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 May 2018 at 3:10:02 #884823

Hi Davismavis3 and welcome to MySwissAlps!

The Swiss Travel Pass will cover most of your trips in Switzerland (only). Click here for a map of the towns and routes that are covered. For travel from Vienna to Zurich you need only buy a ticket to the Swiss border (Buchs SG). If you have a Swiss Travel Pass for travel that day it will cover the rest of the trip.

I’m guessing the night train leaves 6/13 not 6/13? 🙂

To know if the 3 or 4 day Swiss Travel Pass is best, you need to plan out all your trips each day to see if it is worth having a rail pass. If the 1st or last day has only a short trip or under 50chf trip it won’t be worth having the extra day on the STP. Read: How to choose the best rail pass.

Use the timetable to plan out all the trips and find prices (the first price you see is for Swiss Half Fare Card holders – double it for the regular fare).

• The thread ‘3 days in Switzerland – rail pass options’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.