3 days in Switzerland – where to go for the Alps

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 April 2017 at 15:04:19 #811259

Hi Friends,

I am coming from paris with family on 25/05 would like to see swiss alps, please suggest where I should I stop. What possible places I can cover in 3 days (travel time excluded)

Thanks

Manish Mehta

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 April 2017 at 16:07:18 #860924

Hi Manish and welcome to MySwissAlps!

Well, there are quite a few mountain attractions you can see here in Switzerland.

Have a read through our natural attractions webpage for a list of places you can visit. Each attraction will tell you the nearby towns and the region they are in to help you decide where to stay and how to get there.

For a 3 day trip, you may wish to base yourself in Luzern or Interlaken in order to best visit the nearby mountains there, such as Jungfraujoch and Schilthorn (Interlaken) and Mt. Pilatus and Mt. Titlis (Luzern).

For travel in Switzerland you are best served by taking the exceptional train system here. You can purchase a 3 day Swiss Travel Pass which covers most trains around the country (no need to buy individual tickets all the time). Be sure to read the page on where the Swiss Travel Pass is valid to ensure it covers where you decide to go).

I hope this helps, let us know if you have further questions!

Lucas

• The thread ‘3 days in Switzerland – where to go for the Alps’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.