3 days itinerary Bernese Oberland and pass advise

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 February 2017 at 6:09:45 #810895

Hello,

I will be travelling to Switzerland for 3 days. I have done my reading, plan our itinerary and calculation for the costs. i choose to purchase 3 days Swiss Travel pass as the cost is the cheapest compared to Swiss Half Fare and Point to Point tickets. This is our itinerary:

Itinerary:

Day 1

• Arrival from Paris Gare de Lyon – Basel Sbb (use TGV Lyria –Direct train/ Morning)
    • Basel SBB – Interlaken West (Use Swiss Travel Pass)
    • Check in & Sightseeing Interlaken West surrounding area
    • Interlaken West –Blausse
    • Go to Lake Blausse (operation hour 9-5pm) Entrance fee CHF8/person
    • Frutigen – Brienz
    • Go to Lake Brienz – Sight seeing
    • Take boat trip Brienz see (ferry terminal next to train station) – Interlaken Ost see
    • Interlaken Ost – Interlaken West
    • Sightseeing around Interlaken Ost and Rest

Day 2

• Interlaken West – Jungfraujoch (Early Morning)
    • Jungfraujoch ( until afternoon)
    • Jungfraujoch – Kleine Scheidegg (Afternoon)
    • Sightseeing at Kleine Scheidegg
    • Kleine Scheidegg – Lauterbrunnen
    • Sightseeing at Lauterbrunnen
    • Lauterbrunnen – Interlaken West
    • Rest/ Lunch/ Pray at Hostel
    • Interlaken West – Spiez
    • Sightseeing around Spiez
    • Spiez – Thun
    • Sightseeing around Thun
    • Take boat trip from Lake Thun to Interlaken West

Day 3

• Interlaken West to Domodossola – Use Swiss Travel Pass until Domodossola
    • Domodossola to Venice S. Lucia – Purchase Italy rail ticket

Together with this I also attached the softcopy of my itinerary and calculation. Can anyone from SwissAlps team help me to advise whether our itinerary is doable and the costs is correct? Thank you

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7116 posts
    25 February 2017 at 11:28:04 #859330

Hi khairin!

I think your plans for day 1 and 2 are quite ambitious. For example: Blausee and Brienz, both on day 1, are in very different directions. You’d better combine Blausee with Spiez and a boat trip on Lake Thun, rather than with Lake Brienz. That would still be quite a lot for just one day. On day 2 you could do the Lake Brienz boat trip in the afternoon. Did you use the timetable to check traveling times? It will help you find out what’s reasonable and what’s not.

Most of your prices seem to be correct, although I wasn’t able to check them all ;-). There’s a mistake in your Jungfraujoch prices though; you’ve listed the 25% and 50% fares between Kleine Scheidegg and Jungfraujoch both as CHF 32.00. I don’t think it will make a huge difference though. The 3 day Swiss Travel Pass definitely seems to suit your plans best!

Please see this page for Italian train tickets.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 February 2017 at 11:41:27 #859331

Thanks Annika 😀. I will use your advise to revise my plan back 😀

• The thread ‘3 days itinerary Bernese Oberland and pass advise’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.