3 days itinerary from Zurich with cost

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 May 2019 at 22:34:39 #821787

Hello Community,

I’ll be visiting Switzerland in June for 3 days, i need suggestions on itinerary to cover maximum places in these 3 days. I already have accommodation sorted and my base location will be Zurich only. Also please suggest best possible & cheapest travel option like (day saver pass or 3 days pass or point to point).

Schedule:

Arrival @ Zurich: Saturday 8th June, 11.30 AM

Departure @ Zurich: Monday 10th June, 5 PM

Is it possible to cover Interlaken & Mount titlis on a same day from Zurich if I start early in the morning?

Note: I can stretch on travel as I am not on honeymoon 😛

Purpose of visit: Explore Swiss Nature and beautiful scenic views

Thank you in advance!

Regards,

Yogesh

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    22 May 2019 at 23:51:37 #913108

Hi Yogesh-

Welcome to My Swiss Alps.

<<“Is it possible to cover Interlaken & Mount titlis on a same day from Zurich””>

Quite likely, as long as “cover” is a flexible term. And, you do not mind returning to Zürich very late in the evening.

That is because there is very little to see in Interlaken; and, you may also spend only a few minutes on Titlis.

To understand travel times and what to see, please check these links-

Make sure to check this instruction page :

http://www.myswissalps.com/ti metable

This map will help you understand the relative locations, and the rail line routes if you zoom in far enough.

map.search.ch/?pos=682112,199680&z=4

Titlis is close to the town of Engelberg, southwest of Luzern.

And,

http://www.myswissalps.com/ti tlis

http://www.myswissalps.com/ju ngfrauregion

Scroll down on that one.

Slowpoke

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 May 2019 at 9:11:12 #913109

Hello Slowpoke,

Thank you for information,

for me covering plaves meanse at least see the must visit places around the location and complete the day.

Could you also help in choosing most economical travel options ?

3 days travel pass coming at CHF235.

1 daysaver pass coming at CHF 106

point to point return ticket from Zurich to Titlis only at CHF 84.

Considering all these which could be best case so I can utilize.

I prefer to travel and see place rather than relaxing at home.

Thank you again.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    23 May 2019 at 9:40:15 #913110

<<“for me covering plaves meanse at least see the must visit places around the location “>>

In that case, your plans are very ambitious, and, taking you strictly a your words “must see” they are probably impossible.

In fact, you could spend half a day doing that at Titlis, and if you check the links I gave, you will see that there are many days worth of “must see” places within the Jungfrau region near Interlaken. At Interlaken, simply visiting Harder Kulm ( near the IO station) would be a single “must see” place that would consume about 45 minutes. The closest place by train in the valleys near the Jungfrau is probably Lauterbrunnen…..20 minutes by train, twice per hour…..then you would want to see the Trummelbach Falls….another hour or so……and so on.

Please start with the timetable to set your time limits for the start and the end of the day, then fill in the travel times, then see what you have left. Note that Titlis is on a branch line off the route to Interlaken from Luzern. So, you do not simply pass through on the way, but must make a substantial side trip.

That will be to the village of Engelberg. Then, you must fget up onto the mountain via various cable cars

map.search.ch/Engelber g-OW?pos=675424,190144&z=8

Slowpoke

That forces your “must see” places into the different class called “can see in available time.”

Please look careful

Arno
    15484 posts
    23 May 2019 at 10:44:53 #913111

Hi Yogesh,

The 3-day Swiss Travel Pass costs CHF 230 if purchased from the cheapest retailer. All retailer listed here are fine: http://www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpass/price. To get more insights on your travel costs, please see http://www.myswissalps.com/tr ain/ticketspasses/prac tical/chooserailpass.

Note that Saver Day Pass prices vary, and do not come with any discounts on mountain transport. So probably not a good idea for you: http://www.myswissalps.com/sa verdaypass.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    23 May 2019 at 11:30:24 #913112

Message continued….

Please look carefully at the links that I gave for the Jungfrau region and the further links on that page, as well as the link for Titlis. You will see that there is a a lot of “must visit”, and you’ll have to make decisions on what is a “must” for you. That is very personal. Each person must make their choices from the too many nice places to see, and we cannot know your preferences.

My advice…..what I would try to do myself is as follows…….if you will tolerate a very long day, take the train and cable way from Zürich to Männlichen ( above Wengen) if it is a day with good visibility in the Alps and if the trail that I mention below is open…..

en.swisswebcams.ch/web cam/1010222761

walk to Kleine Scheidegg, if open,

http://www.myswissalps.com/hi king/maennlichen-kleinescheidegg

and ride down to Wengen from KS on the cograil. Then, walk around Wengen, out to viewpoint at the church about 300 meters northwest from the station

https://map.search.ch/ Wengen?pos=636843,161889&z=40 96

and look at the view seen in the attached image.

Walk back, ride down to Lauterbrunnen, walk/bus to Trummelbach Falls, perhaps continue to Stechelberg, ride up to Mürren, perhaps ride up to Schilthorn, then return to Zürich via Lauterbrunnen.

It is possible to leave Zürich as early as 0519. If you leave Zürich at 0519, you can be at Männlichen at 0836. You will have time to do all that, and some to spare before the last return train.. Last train from Lauterbrunnen at 2230 will get you back to Zürich at 0120 the next day. There are other options near the Jungfrau to fill the time available. I personally would not take those trains at extreme times; I have given the times only to show the ultimate limits.

However, although that is what I would do, this advice may not be correct, because it will only be good if the trail is available. The average time for trail opening is sometime after June 15th ( approximately). Before that, the trail may be be blocked by snow. It usually opens at about June 15th, but some years it opens as much as 2 weeks earlier. If it is not open, then you could still go up to Männlichen for the views, or, instead, visit many of the other scenic options in the area, such as First, or Schilthorn, or even the Jungfraujoch.

June is early Summer or late Spring at low altitudes, and the end of Winter at 2000 meters and above in the Alps..

Also, my example shows how much time there would be in the day. In fact, you could spend half a day at Titlis, and then make the run to Interlaken, look around a bit, and get back to Zürich. But, to see much in the vicinity of Interlaken, you will need to determine your timing, and work with the timetable, as I noted above.

Finally, I might add that almost everywhere you ride on Swiss trains in the countryside and mountains, you will see nice things.

Slowpoke

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 May 2019 at 14:21:58 #913113

Hi Slowpoke,

This is overwhelming response, thank you for detailed advise. with all above links i hope I can sort out some plan.

Many thanks again 🙂

Regards,

Yogesh

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 May 2019 at 19:54:26 #913114

Slowpoke

Lovely photo. I will find the viewpoint while we are in Wengen – fingers crossed for clear skies.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    23 May 2019 at 22:42:30 #913115

HiPaddington.

I actually took that picture from just below the viewpoint at the church. I was standing close to where the new tracks and the old roadbed for the cogwheel train intersect.

Attached.

It took my several trips to find a day with weather that clear in June, and the photo has the colors punched up just a little bit. Roofs are not really that red.

Still, a great view, and you see it for a few seconds as the train comes up the hill and approaches Wengen station.

Slowpoke

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 May 2019 at 23:06:58 #913116

Slowpoke,

Thanks for the extra info.

We have 4 nights in Wengen so surely there will be some clear weather to enjoy the view. 🙂

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    23 May 2019 at 23:13:15 #913117

<<“We have 4 nights in Wengen so surely there will be some clear weather to enjoy the view. :)”>>

Hope so. No promises. It is very hard to get a shot that is clear all the way to the back of the valley. That one is old….2004, I think. 6×7 film, Mamiya 7-II.

However, Photoshop now has a “haze buster” in Adobe Camera Raw, which, if used carefully, can clear up some haze without causing a “postcard” look.

Slowpoke

• The thread ‘3 days itinerary from Zurich with cost’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11020 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.