3 days Lake Geneva area from Basel in December

• Jenn_chuah
    Participant
    110 posts
    11 December 2022 at 4:29:20 #828730

Hi,

Time flies. I am in the last week of my 1 month vacation in Switzerland.

I will be going to Geneva, Lausanne & Montreaux tomorrow from Basel.

My plan:

Monday – Basel to Lausanne and Vevey. Then to Geneva to check in to my hotel.

Tuesday – Geneva to Montreaux and back to Geneva coz I hv booked 2 nights hotel in Geneva

Wednesday – Explore Geneva and then back to Basel in the late afternoon.

1) Is the above itinerary workable? Where is the baggage locker (cabin size) at the Lausanne train station?

2) For Basel to Lausanne on SBB train, there are many options to take either in the direction to Brig, Interlaken, etc. Which option to take that I can enjoy a good scenery?

3) Is boat cruise on Lake Geneva operational?

4) In view of my limited time, what are the attractions that I should go for in Lausanne, Vevey, Montreaux and Geneva?

5) Is it possible to join an English tour in the United Nation on Wednesday?

Thank you.

• The thread ‘3 days Lake Geneva area from Basel in December’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.