3 days route from Bern with Swiss Travel Pass

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 May 2017 at 18:04:12 #811964

Hello,

This is will be first time in Switzerland for me that’s why I need your help.

I will stay in Bern and I will buy 3 days travel pass ticket. I want to explore lots of attractions that I could.

So I want to make a trip route for 3 days with travel pass. What do you recommend me?

Cheers,

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7124 posts
    25 May 2017 at 14:08:41 #863855

Welcome to MySwissAlps ksenkaya,

What type of attractions are you looking for? If you’re interested in mountains and scenery, you’d best make day trips to the Lucerne and Jungfrau areas from Bern. The links I inserted list lots of sightseeing options. I suggest you browse the selections and see what appeals to you. The “Route” tabs on each attraction page explain how to get there, and the timetable will help you plan your journeys from Bern.

Please find validity information, retailers and further details about the 3 day Swiss Travel Pass at myswissalps.com/swisst ravelpass.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 May 2017 at 15:50:55 #863856

Thank you for your response.

I will focus on popular tourist attactions which are included cities and natural beauties. I will stay 2 or 3 nights in Bern, one night is in Lucerne(optional). On my mind, on first day I’m planning to go to Basel. 2nd day is for Zurich and 3rd day is for Lucerne.

In addition, I want to use Golden Pass and Bernina Express. How can I add these trains -at least one of them- on my plan? What do you recommend me?

Finally, I need to go Milan on 4th day.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 May 2017 at 10:22:06 #863857

Hi ksenkaya,

For beautiful cities and mountain scenery I would focus on Bern for 1 night and 2 nights in Lucerne (or indeed all 3 in Lucerne – lots to see and do in the area.

On your last day in Switzerland you could take the Golden Pass train from Luzern to Montreux and then continue on to Milan from there. Or take the Gotthard Panorama Express train from Luzern to Lugano (the simplest option for you I think) and continue to Milan. You won’t have time to do more than one panoramic train on your 3 day trip here.

The Bernina Express could work as well, but you need to travel to Chur to catch the train, and then the train trip ends in Tirano and from the you can take another train to Milan – a bit more complicated and time consuming (and costly).

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 May 2017 at 11:16:03 #863858

Thank you Lucas.

I reviewed Gotthard Panorama Express and I noticed that this train works on Saturdays and Sundays that’s why I cannot use it because I will be on week days in Switzerland. Probably I will prefer Golden Pass train.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 May 2017 at 16:03:35 #863859

Ah yes of course The Gotthard Panorama Express runs Saturdays and Sundays only until July 1. 🙂 this makes your choice easier!

Cheers

• The thread ‘3 days route from Bern with Swiss Travel Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.