3 nights in Interlaken with kids and by car

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 August 2019 at 10:57:11 #823324

Hi,

i will spend 3 nights in Interlaken from 15/08 till 18/08. Could be extended till 19/08.

We are a group of

• 9 Adults
    • 3 Kids (5 to 9 years old)
    • 2 babies

We are travelling by car. I would like to know which are the spots :

• Mountains
    • Villages
    • Panoramic view points
    • Waterfalls
    • Others

that are accessible by car? Or that you can get very close with the car? If there is a walk included to reach, what should one consider as we have have kids with us? What about parkings?

Any others suggestions/ideas for visits are ofcourse also welcome.

Thanks in advance.

K

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 August 2019 at 9:08:05 #919705

Hi 2pack and welcome to MySwissAlps!

Interlaken and the Jungfrau region is one of the most beautiful area of Switzerland, it is a good choice to visit. You will find everything you have mentioned here.

Although you did write you are travelling by car, I would like to point out that this region has wonderful panoramic train routes. And to reach the top of the mountains with the best view points is not really possible by car. Please read this also: http://www.myswissalps.com/ca rversustrain.

If you still wish to use your car you could go to Grindelwald or to Lauterbrunnen, they do have parking opportunities. From there you can take the cable cars or trains to the top of the mountains.

Also be aware that under 2 years old high altitude is not always recommended, before visiting areas over 2500 m, you’d better consult your doctor. See more practical information on this page under “Preparation”: http://www.myswissalps.com/ju ngfraujoch. Also for the babies it would be advantageous to use a baby carrier instead of the baby buggy for the short walks.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 August 2019 at 8:50:48 #919706

Hi Ildiko,

First of all thanks to you for your complete response.

I will probably buy a TELL PASS to visit the central area (Luzern, Stans etc) via Interlaken-Luzern express till Engelberg.

However I will still use my car for Grindelwald & Lauterbrunnen as you said.

A last question, are there any restrictions on vehicle pollution categories in the area? Interlaken/Luzern?

I also congratulate the whole MySwissAlps Team for this very very helpful information site

Thanks in advance.

Nasar.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 August 2019 at 11:15:26 #919707

Hello Nasar,

Thanks for your appreciation of this site, we try to support the best we can! 🙂

Are you talking about restriction categories for certain areas of the city, as e.g. in London city centre or Germany?!
    This does not yet exist in Switzerland, presumably because most Swiss people have quite new, clean cars…

So you’ll be fine!

For detailed information of the Tell Pass please see:
    http://www.myswissalps.com/te llpass

Best,
    Steph

• The thread ‘3 nights in Interlaken with kids and by car’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.