About us | Contact | n%2Fa | n%2Fa
Home Get in touch Forum 3 nights in Zermatt in September, hiking
MySwissAlps features ads, commercial and non-commercial links.

3 nights in Zermatt in September, hiking

Print this page
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
maniimjach
maniimjach
32 posts
Jun 22, 2022 - 3:49 PM

Hi, we will be traveling in the beginning of this September (5th trip). THis year we will stop a Stresa for 3 night, then Zermat for 3 nights, then Wengen for 4. We love hikes, views.

Focusing on Zermatt - should we do a traditional itinerary:

Day 1 - Klein Matterhorn and then Gornergrat. Should we do both or one is better then the other? Should we get combined ticket? Is Glacier Paradise part of tht trip

Day 2 - Sunnega. Are some hikes better then the other?

Day 3 - what what you reccomend?

Ildiko
Ildiko
2333 posts
top member &
Jun 22, 2022 - 4:34 PM in reply to maniimjach

Hi maniimjach,

so cool that it will be your 5th trip to Switzerland. I am glad you like it here :)

I, personally, prefer Gornergrat over Klein Matterhorn I think the view is better from there. But there are some great hikes if you visit Klein Matterhorn. For example, there is a suspension bridge near Furi: www.outdooractive.com/en/route/nature-trail/switzerland/furi-suspension-bridge-trail-nr.-17a-/8871900/

Mentioning the suspension bridge - have a look at this one too: www.outdooractive.com/en/route/hiking-route/switzerland/circular-hike-to-the-suspension-bridge-in-randa-nr.-69-/23753811/

At www.myswissalps.com/zermatt/activities you'll find more recommended hiking routes. I also like the 5 lakes hike: www.outdooractive.com/en/route/hiking-route/zermatt/the-five-lakes-walk/29947267/

I would buy 1 rail pass for all the regions you are visiting and not just for Zermatt, like the Swiss Travel Pass or Swiss Half Fare Card. You can read about these passes here:

For practical hiking tips please visit: www.myswissalps.com/hiking

I hope this helps,

Ildiko

Last modified on Jun 23, 2022 - 7:58 AM by Arno

SWISS TRAVEL MUST KNOWS

All you need to know about traveling by train, bus or car in Switzerland.

More

NEED SOME TIPS ON WHERE TO SLEEP?

Hand picked Swiss hotels and other accommodations are right here.

More

Swiss Travel Pass promotion: 30% discount
Available until 31 October 2022. Book 6 months ahead.
https://shop.switzerlandtravelcentre.com/swisstravelpass

© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2022