3 days in Switzerland – where to go & rail pass

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 June 2018 at 10:03:50 #816521

Hi, i will be there in Switzerland for 3 days & then traveling to Italy. Please suggest me traveling & places I can cover in 3 days.

Im traveling to Zurich on aug 1st & going to Interlaken & from there to Italy. My preference are to go by train.

I would like to visit jungfrau & some lake.I would like to travel to Italy by panoramic train.

Please suggest me, which type of train pass I need to buy?

Thanks & Regard

binny

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 June 2018 at 15:30:57 #887728

Hi Binny and welcome to MySwissAlps!

You haven’t mentioned what your interests are (why did you choose to come to Switzerland for example) We have a lot of activity suggestions for that area on our website. It sounds like you are in Interlaken for 3 nights? Have a look at the following links:

For trip planning help look here:

You can use the Swiss railways timetable to plan trips around Switzerland by train, boat, bus or cable car: https://www.myswissalp s.com/timetable

To know which rail pass is the best for your specific itinerary you need to plan out all trips you will make (train, bus, boat, cable car) and compare the prices for regular tickets to the rail pass price (and which routes/mountains are free or discounted). Once you have that information you can read our page here on how to choose the best rail pass. There is a spreadsheet there to help with the math. 🙂

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 June 2018 at 20:13:07 #887729

Hi Lucas,

Thanks for your reply. Actually I have project meeting in London on 9th aug. I’m tavelling 1werk before that to see 3 days in Switzerland & 3 days in Italy.

Because of short duration, I’m planning to cover only Jungfrau area for this time.

let me go though the links you have provided & revrt you if any clarification required.

Binny

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    9 June 2018 at 0:06:18 #887730

Hi Binny –

If you spend some time learning this site, and/or usong the search function, you’ll get most or all of your answers.

Slowpoke

• The thread ‘3 days in Switzerland – where to go & rail pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.