Train time table for Basel to Chur January 3

• Paolo
    Participant
    4 posts
    16 December 2017 at 17:32:24 #813830

Hello

Could anybody help me? I want to go from Basel SBB to Chur on the 3rd January 2018.

Looking at the bahn.de timetable I can get from Basel to Zurich at 19.07 without any problems but when I change train there doesn’t seem to be the 20.37 connection to Chur on the IC 585 train on 3rd January !

How can I get to Chur? 🙁

Thank you

Paolo

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

jonathanfoo
    Participant
    11 posts
    17 December 2017 at 6:06:27 #872949

You can change to platform 7 to catch the Zurich to Chur train that departs at 20.12 hrs.

The 20:37 hrs 585 train does operate on 03 Jan 2018 according to the SBB web site.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 December 2017 at 7:53:07 #872950

Hi Paolo,

Jonathan has given you the right information. For any other train trips in Switzerland please check the Swiss timetable:

http://www.myswissalps.com/ti metable

Paolo
    Participant
    4 posts
    17 December 2017 at 22:42:02 #872951

Thank you both. I was hoping for an earlier alternative as I am travelling with my family.

What are late night Swiss trains like?Are they safe?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 December 2017 at 0:30:53 #872952

Hi Paolo,

>> I can get from Basel to Zurich at 19.07 … I was hoping for an earlier alternative as I am travelling with my family.

Can you leave Basel before 19:07? If so, there are trains running on that route all day. Did you use the Swiss Timetable link Chantal gave you?

I have attached a PDF showing all train connections between Basel and Chur on 3 January 2018. Most of them require a change at Zürich, but there are also some direct services. If your children are very small, and the timing is right, you might like to choose one of the trains that has a children’s play area on board.

>> What are late night Swiss trains like?Are they safe?

In my experience, yes, absolutely safe. (I have travelled on them up until about midnight.)

Alpenrose

• The thread ‘Train time table for Basel to Chur January 3’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.