4 Day trip in May to Lucerne

4 Day trip in May to Lucerne

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Diana
Diana
3 posts
Feb 11, 2017 - 9:49 PM

Hello:

My husband, my 13 year old son and I are planning a 4 day visit to Lucerne in May first week from Canada.

We are planning to stay in Lucerne for 3 nights. We have in mind the following:

Day 1 (arrival at Zurich airport): head to Lucerne: site seeing (boat cruise)and perhaps Mt. Pilatus?

Day 2: Mt Titlus

Day 3: Interlaken / train ride to a scenic spot? (open to suggestions)

Day 4: early morning departure from Zurich

Can you please recommend a schedule for day 3 and which pass you think would be best for us.

Thank you & have a great rest of day!

Diana

Lucas
Lucas
7125 posts
expert &
Feb 12, 2017 - 9:39 AM in reply to Diana

Hi Diana and welcome to MySwissAlps!

A 4 day Swiss Travel Pass for you and your husband and then add-on the Family Card (free) for your son (who then travels free with you) would, I think, be best.

Day 1: both a lake cruise and Mt. Pilatus might be too much...especially depending on when you arrive from Zurich to Luzern (local German spelling).

Day 2: Mt. Titlis is always a great trip - keep an eye on the weather for any mountain trips though.

Day 3: You could look at taking the lovely Golden Pass Panoramic train to Montreux for a day trip. Other options I would recommend would be Jungfraujoch or Schilthorn.

Take a look at the Swiss railway timetable here to help you plan your train trips as well.

regards,
Lucas

Last modified on Feb 12, 2017 - 3:38 PM by Lucas
Diana
Diana
3 posts
Feb 13, 2017 - 12:43 AM in reply to Lucas

Thanks Lucas. This is very helpful indeed. I will review further and connect if I have further questions.

Have a great day.

Diana

Diana
Diana
3 posts
Feb 26, 2017 - 10:42 PM in reply to Diana

Hi Lucas:

Your input helped us firm up our travel and the 3 day Swiss Pass. Does the pass cover the Golden Pass Panoramic train to Montreaux.

Thank you

Diana

Lucas
Lucas
7125 posts
expert &
Feb 27, 2017 - 6:21 AM in reply to Diana

Hi Diana,

Yes it does cover the Golden Pass, check out the link I posted in my first response for the STP and click the "where it's valid" tab for more details.

Seat reservations are extra if you want them. Read here about how to make reservations.

Lucas

Last modified on Feb 27, 2017 - 6:21 AM by Lucas

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018