4 Day trip in May to Lucerne

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 February 2017 at 21:49:01 #810788

Hello:

My husband, my 13 year old son and I are planning a 4 day visit to Lucerne in May first week from Canada.

We are planning to stay in Lucerne for 3 nights. We have in mind the following:

Day 1 (arrival at Zurich airport): head to Lucerne: site seeing (boat cruise)and perhaps Mt. Pilatus?

Day 2: Mt Titlus

Day 3: Interlaken / train ride to a scenic spot? (open to suggestions)

Day 4: early morning departure from Zurich

Can you please recommend a schedule for day 3 and which pass you think would be best for us.

Thank you & have a great rest of day!

Diana

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 February 2017 at 9:39:09 #858926

Hi Diana and welcome to MySwissAlps!

A 4 day Swiss Travel Pass for you and your husband and then add-on the Family Card (free) for your son (who then travels free with you) would, I think, be best.

Day 1: both a lake cruise and Mt. Pilatus might be too much…especially depending on when you arrive from Zurich to Luzern (local German spelling).

Day 2: Mt. Titlis is always a great trip – keep an eye on the weather for any mountain trips though.

Day 3: You could look at taking the lovely Golden Pass Panoramic train to Montreux for a day trip. Other options I would recommend would be Jungfraujoch or Schilthorn.

Take a look at the Swiss railway timetable here to help you plan your train trips as well.

regards,
    Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 February 2017 at 0:43:29 #858927

Thanks Lucas. This is very helpful indeed. I will review further and connect if I have further questions.

Have a great day.

Diana

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 February 2017 at 22:42:33 #858928

Hi Lucas:

Your input helped us firm up our travel and the 3 day Swiss Pass. Does the pass cover the Golden Pass Panoramic train to Montreaux.

Thank you

Diana

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 February 2017 at 6:21:02 #858929

Hi Diana,

Yes it does cover the Golden Pass, check out the link I posted in my first response for the STP and click the “where it’s valid” tab for more details.

Seat reservations are extra if you want them. Read here about how to make reservations.

Lucas

• The thread ‘4 Day trip in May to Lucerne’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.