4 Days in Murren First Week of July

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 June 2019 at 2:25:42 #822451

Our trip is getting close and we are really excited. So much good info reading other posts. Steph gave me some advice on an earlier post and I’ve used similar posts by others and responses and have finished our itinerary for me and my son and would like some advice on whether this sounds doable with my time assumptions. I’ll post a trip report when we get back for all the great advice on this forum.

Day 1

Murren to Mt Shilthorn – 2 hr including time on mountain

Shilthorn to Gimmelwald – 30 mins

Gimmelwald to Stechelberg – 1 hr includes some time in Gimmelwald

Stechelwald to Trummelbach Falls and back to Lautenbrunnen – 2 hrs with combination hiking and bus? Can Staubbach Falls fit into 2 hrs?

Lautenbrunnen to Grutschalp – 30 mins

Grutschalp to Murren hike – 90 mins

Total – 7 to 8 hrs with Tim for lunch

Day 2

Murren to Wengan and cable car to Mannlichen – 1 hr

Mannlichen to Kleine Scheidegg hike – 90 mins

Kleine to Grindelwald – 30 mins

Grindelwald to Pfingstegg round trip and toboggans – 2 hrs

Grindelwald to First round trip ( recommendations on Flying Fox variants, Cliff Walk, mountain scooters?) – 2 hrs

Grindelwald to Murren – 90 mins

Total – 8 hrs

Day 3

Murren to Interlaken Ost – 1 hr

to Harder Kulm round trip – 90 mins

Interlaken OST to St Beatus Caves round trip – 2 hrs ( bus to and back is 30 mins so is 1 hour enough at the caves?)

Interlaken to Murren – 1 hr

Total – 6 hrs with lunch ( if these times work could do Staubbach Falls on the way back to Murren)

Day 4

Murren to Meiringen – 2 hrs

Arae Gorge – 90 mins includes travel time to east entrance

Reichenbach Falls and museum – 2 hrs including time from gorge west entrance and back to Meiringen. What I am not sure about is whether this time depends only on bus.

Meiringen to Murren – 2 hours

Total – round up to 8 hrs

Appreciate any advice, fatal flaws, etc and sorry for the detail. I’m an engineer, which should explain it!

Thank you

Jess

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    24 June 2019 at 9:58:15 #915975

Hi Jess,

Engineers rock! I would say you are all over it.

Can Staubbach Falls fit into 2 hrs?

You walk right past them on the left as you approach Lauterbrunnen from Stechelberg (not wald).

Enjoy.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 June 2019 at 14:19:55 #915976

Thanks Rock. Have you used Rome2Rio? I haven’t seen it mentioned here but I found it really quick and easy to get every mode of transportation including walking for time planning an itinerary down to the smallest point to point increment.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    24 June 2019 at 20:43:34 #915977

Hi Jess,

Yes I use Rome2Rio often. It can be quite handy indeed.

• The thread ‘4 Days in Murren First Week of July’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.