Which pass for 4 days in Switzerland, family of 5?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 May 2017 at 20:24:18 #811861

HI all,

Our family is visiting Switzerland for 4 days at the end of May.

From Milan to Lauterbrunnen, Jungfraujoch train ride, Interlaken and to Zurich.

Kids ages are 8, 11, 14. Which Swiss train pass should we get the best deal?

There are so many options I don’t know which ones are best for us.

I looked at Promo 4 day plus 1 free day = $534 for all of us (3 kids free?), 2nd class but I’m not sure if this is too much money for only 4 days and 4 towns? Do this Swiss Travel Pass include Jungfraujoch train?

Swiss Half Card?

How do I find out what cost better versus the other?

Please help. We are leaving in 2 days and I need to print out the tickets before departure. Or is it the same price if we get the train tickets on the day?

Thank you.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 May 2017 at 9:44:48 #863479

Hi Worldmap and welcome to MySwissAlps!

The Swiss Travel Pass may be too much if you are only planning in those 4 trips and nothing else. The Swiss Travel Pass will cover part of your first trip (from the Swiss border to Lauterbrunnen), 25% of the trip from Grindelwald/Wengen to Jungfraujoch) and then both of the last two trips.

I would look at the Swiss Half Fare Card as a more viable option. You just have to buy tickets on each trip before boarding the train but you get 50%.
    The Swiss Half Fare Card can be printed at home and Happyrail should be able to get it sent to you in time.

All children are free yes, just be sure to order the Swiss Family Card at the same time as either pass mentioned above.

To be 100% sure on the best/economical pass you can use our page on how to choose the best rail pass and fill out the excel sheet to compare costs.

Lucas

• The thread ‘Which pass for 4 days in Switzerland, family of 5?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.