2 weekends in Switzerland during business trip

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 June 2017 at 18:40:15 #812267

Hi,

I am travelling on a business trip where I will be getting 2 weekends i.e. 4 days for sightseeing in Switzerland. I am travelling with my wife and 17 months old kid. Could any one please review and suggest on the below rough itinerary.

I will be based in Zurich.

Day 1: Zurich – Interlaken – Kleine Scheidegg – Zurich – Please suggest if this trip can happen in 1 day starting in morning till late evening. I want to know what all I can see in Interlaken and in Kleine (Can I go to Jungfraugh with 17 month old kid)? I will be taking two routes i.e. Lauterbrunnen one side and Grindelwald another side, is it okay?

Day 2: Mt Rigi/Mt. Pilatus/Mt. Titlis Please suggest which one should I visit with 17 month old kid ( I am confused here). Also, please suggest if Lucerne yacht trip can be taken while returning back and how much costly is it?

Day 3: Glacier Express: Please suggest if I can do 1 day trip in Glacier Express from Zurich. I understand I need to go to Zermatt/Chur to board the train. Which stations I need to get down to enjoy the landscape and while coming back to Zurich same day which train shall I take to reach by late evening to Zurich.

Day 4: Please suggest the choc factory which I can visit in 1 day or half day tour, may be the best factory in Switzerland. or shall I visit Black forest?

Zurich city tour and Rhine falls I have planned during evenings. Let me know if I have missed any “must see” places in Switzerland and if the able itinerary can be modified to a better one.

Further, How can I go to Paris from Zurich.

Thanks in advance!

Best Regards, Mohit Garg

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7124 posts
    15 June 2017 at 18:27:10 #865127

Hi Mohit Garg,

Zurich is a great city, but not the best location for the trips you intend to make. You’d best check the timetable to find out about traveling times for your activities. For example, as singe trip to Kleine Scheidegg takes about 3h20. If you can’t change Zurich as your base, I’d personally prefer to explore just the Zurich and Lake Lucerne areas to minimize traveling times. Having said that:

• day 1: it can be done, but it’s a long day. Special precautions apply when taking children under 2 up as high as Jungfraujoch. You can read about it at myswissalps.com/jungfr aujoch.
    • day 2: Rigi and Pilatus are less high than Titlis, so safer for your child. Please refer to myswissalps.com/boatla kelucerne for information about boat trips. A boat trip can very well be combined with a visit to Rigi or Pilatus.
    • day 3: the Glacier Express route really is far off from Zurich. You can do part of it if you don’t mind a very long travel day. Please see suggestions under “Don’t have time to do the full route?” on myswissalps.com/glacie rexpress.
    • day 4: the most famous chocolate factory is in Broc, which is pretty far from Zurich. There’s this alternative in Flawil. Other activities closer to Zurich can be found at myswissalps.com/zurich /activities.

Information on the journey Paris-Zurich can be found at myswissalps.com/traint ickets/france.

I hope this helps you out!

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    18 June 2017 at 1:24:38 #865128

Hi Mohit-

Save some time. Skip the Rhine Falls. Not all that better than many other waterfalls around the world.

Just my opinion.

Slowpoke

• The thread ‘2 weekends in Switzerland during business trip’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.