4 Days in Zurich, Lucerne and Interlaken

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 August 2017 at 13:22:40 #813079

Me and my friend are visiting Europe for 9 days total, out of these days we have reserved 4 days for Switzerland- 1 Night in Zurich, 1 night in Lucern & 2 nights in Interlaken.

We intend to hire a car from Zurich station, till we cover these destinations and leave the car at Interlaken on the 4th day.

Would be greatful if I get answer to the following:

1) Is the decision to travel my Car over train a better decision?

2) The cities and the number of days chosen (1 Night in Zurich, 1 night in Lucern & 2 nights in Interlaken) is the best or there could be a better itinerary?

3) Must visit Places in and around these cities on a budget?

Responses Highly appreciated!

Amit

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    26 August 2017 at 18:37:25 #868965

Hi Amit, welcome to MySwissAlps!

1) Train travel is definitely better. Driving is not very pleasant in the town center of Zurich and Lucerne unless you know your way around, and the main tourist spots outside the towns like mountains and boats trips do not require a car. The Jungfrau Region near Interlaken is mostly not accessible by car. This page might be useful: http://www.myswissalps.com/ca rversustrain

2) I’d recommend 2 nights in Lucerne and 2 in Interlaken, unless you have a specific goal in Zurich. Zurich in not near the Alps while the other towns are. So it will really be a city visit. If that’s what you want it is of course fine! But keep in mind that your stay is quite short and you will need good weather for the mountains.

3) Please see the links in answer 2 for suggestions on things to do, accommodation and more.

I hope this was useful for you!

• The thread ‘4 Days in Zurich, Lucerne and Interlaken’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.