4 days & 3 cities -Interlaken , Lucerne and Zurich

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 June 2017 at 20:29:19 #812449

Hi,

I am planning on a 4 day trip to Switzerland. The following is sample itinerary that I came up with.

Day 1 : Reach Zurich at around 8:30 am. Catch the train to Interlaken. Check-in at room in Interlaken and leave for Schynige Platte. Return and maybe spend evening in Interlaken. Overnight stay at Interlaken

Day 2 : Travel from Interlaken to Lucerne. Visit to Mt Pilatus. Return to Interlaken. Stay overnight at Interlaken

Day 3 : Travel from Interlaken to Zurich. Check-in and then visit Rhine Falls. Stay in Zurich overnight.

Day 4 : Explore Zurich city. Leave Switzerland at 15:00.

I would like to know if this plan seems okay. Would it be possible to squeeze in a visit to Rigi Kulm on Day 2. How about taking a boat trip late on Day 1 or early Day 3 in Interlaken? Also any other suggestions? I have a 3 day Swiss travel pass to cover first three days.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 June 2017 at 2:41:00 #865939

Hi nitinpprasad,

Yes, it seems OK. You did not mention what time of year you plan to go to Switzerland. The Schynige Platte train does not operate in the winter. You can get up to Pilatus all year round, but the cogwheel railway closes in the winter, and the cable car closes for a maintenance period in late October-early November.

>> Would it be possible to squeeze in a visit to Rigi Kulm on Day 2.

You can use the Swiss Timetable to plan this out and see whether it is feasible:

http://www.myswissalps.com/ti metable

>> How about taking a boat trip late on Day 1 or early Day 3 in Interlaken?

That will depend on the time of year. You can find the timetables for both the Brienzersee (Lake Brienz) and the Thunersee (Lake Thun) in the following document:

http://www.bls.ch/-/media/bls/pdf/fahrpla ene/schiff/fahrplan-2017.pdf

I hope this helps.

Alpenrose

• The thread ‘4 days & 3 cities -Interlaken , Lucerne and Zurich’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11030 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.