4 Days in Switzerland - based in Zurich

4 Days in Switzerland - based in Zurich

Print this page
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Ahmed
Ahmed
5 posts
May 25, 2018 - 8:20 PM

Hi

i am planning to visit Switzerland - zurich for 4 days strating from 16-june to 19- june along with my wife.

i need help in planning cheapest and the right trip for myself and my wife.

day 1 - landing zurich @ 09:15am, hotel checking near the airport.

on the same day 1, we are planning to explore zurich city, so do we buy zvv zurich pass full zone pass/ticket or is there something better and cheaper option.

Day 2 - Zurich to lucerne and then lucerne to Mt. Titlis and returning back to Zurich same day.

Day 3 - Zurich to Mt. Rigi and Mt. Pilatus.

Day 4 - In zurich and back to Airport by 4pm

Request to suggest which pass shall we buy... day saver or half pass or swiss 3 days pass etc....

Thanks

Lucas
Lucas
6430 posts
expert &
May 26, 2018 - 8:32 AM in reply to Ahmed

Hi Ahmed and welcome to MySwissAlps!

Day 1: The ZVV day pass is a good and easy choice - but only if you are taking multiple trips. Also if you are only going between the airport hotel and downtown you need a 3 zone day pass only.

Day 2 -4: All your trips seems to be in Lucerne and around Lucerne - so why not stay in Lucerne the whole time rather than at Zurich airport? It would save you a lot of train travel.

I'd leave luggage at zurich airport, go into Zurich to look around for the day, go back to airport and then train to Lucerne and stay there for all your nights.

Once you've decided on your base for the trip you can then figure out the best pass for your specific itinerary. You need to plan out all trips you will make (train, bus, boat, cable car) and compare the prices for regular tickets to the rail pass price (and which routes/mountains are free or discounted). Once you have that information you can read our page here on how to choose the best rail pass. There is a spreadsheet there to help with the math. :)

Last modified on May 26, 2018 - 8:33 AM by Lucas
Ahmed
Ahmed
5 posts
May 26, 2018 - 9:40 PM in reply to Lucas

Thank Lucas for the information, you are correct that most of our trip is near and around Lucerne, so now we are planning hotel in lucerne.

we'll follow that spread sheet and plan accordingly.

once again Thank You for your time.

Best Regards,

Ahmed

Ahmed
Ahmed
5 posts
May 27, 2018 - 9:23 AM

Hi Lucas,

Hope you are doing well.

Sorry to disturb you again...I made the below plan now. - 4 days (16-june to 19-june)... please check and suggest if we can add more places or this is fine for 4 days...

Day 1 - Arriving Zurich @9:15 am - going around the Zurich city

Day 1 - Zurich Airport to Lucerne (Check in to Lucerne Hotel)

Day 2 - Lucerne - Engelberg - Mt. Titlis - (Return back to Lucerne Hotel)

Day 3- Rigi Majestic Round Trip OR Lucern - Mt. Pilatus ???? [Need ur suggestion here]

Day 4- Lucern to Zurich and back to Dubai (4pm)

Not good in Maths, request if you can help me in claulationing between - regular - half pass a- swiss pass....

Thanks you so much in advance...

Any suggestion on the above plan.... Thanks

Best Regards,

Ahmed

Lucas
Lucas
6430 posts
expert &
May 27, 2018 - 3:31 PM in reply to Ahmed

Hi Ahmed,

I'd just head straight to Lucerne from the airport on Day 1. If you feel the need to explore Zurich I'd do it on your last day before heading to the airport. Things to do in Zurich: https://www.myswissalp s.com/zurich/activitie s

You have time to do something else in Lucerne on days 2 or 3 before or after the mountain trips. Perhaps a visit to Thun or Bern?

Choosing between Pilatus and Rigi is never easy. Pilatus is higher but Rigi has more hiking trails etc. If you are definitely going to Titlis then I'd go to Rigi.

With all those mountain visits I'd take the Swiss Travel Pass for sure. www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpass/price

Last modified on May 27, 2018 - 3:31 PM by Lucas
Ahmed
Ahmed
5 posts
May 28, 2018 - 10:37 AM in reply to Lucas

Thanks Lucas, i also think its better to buy 3 days swiss pass and 1 day in Zurich so zurich pass.

Lucas
Lucas
6430 posts
expert &
May 28, 2018 - 7:59 PM in reply to Ahmed

Sure, that can work too.

You'll need a ticket from Lucerne to Zurich though and then the Zurich pass would work if you are using public transport a lot that day before the airport. https://www.myswissalp s.com/zurich/travel

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018