Luzern–Jungfrau

Day 3

Luzern-titlis and sight seeing in luzern

Night stay in zurich

Day4

Rhinevalley

evening flight

Is my plan correct?

what places i can see in grindelwald?Anyother suggestions? can i include mt.riggi in my trip.I am looking for natural scenic views

Thanks

Sarath

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 October 2017 at 12:31:35 #871274

Hi sarath and welcome to MySwissAlps!

Is your plan correct for what exactly? It seems like a nice itinerary to me! Where are you looking to go for the Rhein Valley on day 4?

For ideas on Grindelwald activities click here. I suppose you could fit in Mt. Rigi on day 1…it really depends on how busy or leisurely you want your days to be in regards to travel time. Use the Swiss railways timetable here to plan out your trips and see if the schedules will work for you.

Do you have a rail pass for Switzerland or are you planning on buying point to point tickets? I would look at the 4 day Swiss Travel Pass that could work well for you.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    27 October 2017 at 2:56:18 #871275

Hello Sarath,

By Rhinevalley perhaps you mean the Rhine Falls? http://www.myswissalps.com/rh inefalls

If as it seems you are basing yourself in Lucerne then you will be spending nearly 4 hours each day travelling between Lucerne and Interlaken and back again. Any other excursions you do in that are will involve more travel time. Check the timetable Lucas referred to.

You don’t say when you are arriving in Zurich but you might consider going direct from there to Interlaken (or Wengen or Grindelwald) and using that as a base from 2 nights.

If you are staying in Zurich on your last night just to visit the Rhine Falls I would say skip that and have 2 nights in the Jungfrau Region and 2 in Lucerne.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    27 October 2017 at 19:16:15 #871276

<<“”Day1

Luzern-brienz Brienz-Interlaken by boat

Interlaken—Grindelwald

Day2

Luzern–Jungfrau”>>

It is not clear where you prpose to be sleeping on the night of Day 1.

I agree with Rockoyster. Including the Rhine Falls or other towns along the Rhine will dilute the best part of your trip. You’ll enjoy the Interlaken Jungfrau region + Luzern more if you concentrate on them.

Luzern is only one hour by train from Zürich airport, so you might finish your trip in Luzern then head to the airport.

Or, perhaps stay all nights in Interlaken, and make it you base. On some days go into the valley and up to the mountain villages (Wengen/Mürren/Lauterbrunnen and more- Kleine Scheidegg, Jungfraujoch. Those trips take some time, because they are mountain railways. The time table will help you understand those times:

http://www.myswissalps.com/ti metable

From Interlaken, Luzern is a tolerable day trip…it has good rail connections. One hour and 51 minutes, once per hour, but you arrive in the heart of Luzern.

Slowpoke

• The thread ‘4 days in Switzerland – Luzern & Grindelwald’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.