4 Days Switzerland with paragliding and hot tub

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 January 2019 at 16:57:33 #819501

Hello, I am celebrating my wife’s milestone birthday with a group of four. We are driving in from France and decided our home base will be Interlaken (accommodations booked already). The plan is to be there March 9-12. I know the train is a preferred way to go, but the car has already been reserved. As this is my first time ever visiting Switzerland, I have a few basic questions:

1. We like high adventure, but I am over 230lbs (slightly, I am tall). I can’t find a paragliding company that has a weight limit over 220lbs. Are there companies that will work with me?

2. I am adamant about finding a hot tub with the perfect scenery. So far, I found the obvious Hotel Villa Honegg, Leukerbad Therme and Hotel Rigi. Is this worth ponying up for?

3. Is it worth driving/doing La Maison du Gruyere for cheese and Maison Cailler for chocolate? My wife wants to try the best cheese and chocolate Switzerland has to offer.

4. Is Lake Oeschinensee frozen in early March? We prefer to find the most beautiful scenery in all of Switzerland possible and this lake looks beautiful to us.

5. We seem to be arriving at a dead time. I want to find a Lake excursion worth doing (preferably a hot tub on the lake, or something very relaxing and fun) but I feel like most things are closed or it is too cold. Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance! I am very excited to visit such a beautiful place 🙂

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    16 January 2019 at 12:23:44 #902226

Hi Wytehabib, welcome to MySwissAlps!

1. 220 lbs (100 kg) is a common limit but there might be options anyway. For this flight, for example, they ask clients to inform them at the time of booking if they weigh more: https://www.viator.com /tours/Central-Switzerland/2-50-Hours-Freeminds-Paragliding-Tandemflight-in-Engelberg/d22430-7255P1. So I guess they can take some extra precautions and make it happen. You’d have to ask the company to be sure.

2. I haven’t been there, hopefully someone else can comment on this one.

3. If you want to see how it’s made and learn about the production and history, then it’s worth it. To just try cheese and chocolate you can go to any Coop or Migros supermarket where they offer a lot of choices, or a more up scale store like Läderach for chocolate: http://www.laederach.com/en/l ocations/location-details/interlaken-interlaken.

4. Currently it is frozen, but hard to say what it will be in March.

5. A boat trip on Lake Thun is worth it all year round if the weather is nice: http://www.myswissalps.com/bo atlakethun. You can have brunch, lunch or diner on board to make it extra special: http://www.bls.ch/en/fahren/u nterwegs-mit/schiff.

The car is probably not needed much. The boat trip is from Thun to Interlaken or vice versa, for example, so you’d travel to the start/end point by train. A round trip to Mürren, or Wengen – Kleine Scheidegg – Grindelwald would be great. Possibly with side trips to Schilthorn or Jungfraujoch. All of that can’t be done with a car so you can leave it in Interlaken.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 January 2019 at 16:01:45 #902227

Thank you for these suggestions!!

I will certainly take these in to consideration and enjoy my trip. I am so excited to see such a beautiful country!

• The thread ‘4 Days Switzerland with paragliding and hot tub’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11030 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.