4 days Switzerland with rental car, where to go?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 May 2016 at 12:10:32 #809258

We are travelling (2 adults and 2 children) for 4 and a half days in Switzerland from Friedrichshafen airport – Germany ( 15. june afternoon till 19 june at noon) ) with rental car from the airport and also drop of there .J have booked two nights( last two) in Lausanne( to see Genève, Montreux and around) ,but I don’t know about the first and the second day what is the best to see: Luzern ,Zurich , Thun, Bern or…

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7121 posts
    21 May 2016 at 7:14:30 #852309

Hi valev, thanks for joining us!

There are lots of options for the first few days, and what’s best entirely depends on your personal interests. If you’d like to see the Alps, I’d recommend Interlaken or a nearby town, maybe Thun indeed. They both allow for day trips in the beautiful Bernese Oberland. If cities are your main focus, you may like Bern or Zurich. You can explore our “Where to go” section and find out what appeals to you most.

Once your itinerary is finalized, I suggest you look into rail passes. Even when you’re driving a car, you’ll probably be using public transportation/mountain transportation too, and an additional pass such as the Swiss Half Fare Card may be worth its money.

• The thread ‘4 days Switzerland with rental car, where to go?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11020 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.