4 days sightseeing in the Jungfrau region, August

• VADER
    Participant
    16 posts
    30 April 2023 at 20:41:59 #829729

Hi

After spending 2-3 days at Stans, Lake Brienz and Interlaken I will take a train from Interlaken to Lauterbrunnen.

Now I have 4 days to stay in this area. Not sure from where to start. For now I have booked 2 days in Lauterbrunnen and then 1 night in Grindelwald.

But I want to see the following places: Murren, Schilthorn, Cliff Walk at First, Grindelwald village, Wengen village, Gimmelwald, Jungfraujoch.

I just listed down them – they are not listed in specific order. As I was going through the routes I am getting more and more confused. Which ones to start from Grindelwald and which ones would be better from Lauterbrunnen. I was also looking for not so difficult family type hikes ( 1 1/2 hr to 2 hr one way max ). if i can add any hike in this itinerary. I can add one more day at Grindelwald if it makes sense.

Also which travel pass would give me easy access to trains / cable cars / gondola rides at discounted rates.

Regards

Ajay

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 April 2023 at 23:03:36 #953934

Could you explain more fully your actual itinerary – and what you mean by “2 – 3 days in Stans, Lake Brienz and Interlaken, then Interlaken – Lauterbrunnen”?

I ask this because every place you mention except for Stans is within a very small area, therefore you can reach all the places from single base.

Remember that Switzerland is a small country. The Bernese Oberland region is a small region in a small country. The Jungfrau area is an even smaller area within the Bernese Oberland (the Jungfrau area itself is smaller in size than a large city such as London or New York)

VADER
    Participant
    16 posts
    30 April 2023 at 23:34:30 #953935

12th aug I will be reaching Zurich.

12th night in Stans. do sightseeing near Stans.

13th aug in Lake Brienz – 1 night stay

14th aug to 16th aug Lauterbrunnen

16th aug to 17th Grindelwald

From 14th to 17th I wil be in Grindelwald / Lauterbrunnen. Now Ilisted down all that I wanted to visit in this area. I was thinking do i need to add one more day and then go back to Interlaken.

VADER
    Participant
    16 posts
    1 May 2023 at 2:29:30 #953936

So From 14th to 17th I wil be in Grindelwald / Lauterbrunnen. how do i go about seeing these towns / places..Murren, Schilthorn, Cliff Walk at First, Grindelwald village, Wengen village, Gimmelwald, Jungfraujoch.. In which order? logically where do i start from? do i need to add one more day at Grindelwald – i dont want to rush into anything. Is there any place where i can do not so steep/difficult hike? .etc..

Anna
    6362 posts
    1 May 2023 at 5:31:56 #953937

Hi Ajay,

The Jungfrau region is serviced by an excellent transport system and it’s possible to do all your sightseeing from just a single base. So choose to either stay in Lauterbrunnen or Grindelwald. My pick would be Grindelwald if you prefer a mountain setting. You can find hotels options here: http://www.myswissalps.com/grindelwald/hotels. Here’s a sample itinerary for 3 days in Jungfrau region.

Day 1 – Arrive in Grindelwald. Excursion to Grindelwald First in the morning, then explore village in the afternoon and short trip to the Glacier Canyon or Pfingstegg.

Day 2 – Excursion to Schilthorn in the morning. Spend afternoon exploring Mürren and Lauterbrunnen. If you have time, I suggest doing the hike from Mürren to Winteregg. This is a fairly easy and flat trail.

Day 3 – Excursion to Jungfraujoch in the morning. Spend afternoon exploring Wengen and Männlichen.

Hope this gives you some ideas on how to plan your Jungfrau itinerary.

regards,

Anna

• The thread ‘4 days sightseeing in the Jungfrau region, August’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.