4 days Swiss trip โ€“ April 2012 -suggestions please

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 December 2011 at 3:56:01 #804811

Dear friends,

Thanks a lot first of all for posting some wonderful answers to the posts here and offering some real valuable help.
    I am planning for a trip along with my family and parents to Switzerland (unfortunately for just 4 days ๐Ÿ™ ) from Mach 31 โ€“ April 3. I understand that there is not much we can see but i have just worked out on visiting a few places. Hereโ€™s my itenary. I really appreciate any feedback/suggestions on this:

31-Mar-12 (Saturday)
    Leave from Paris to Geneva (we need to board TGV Lyria at 8:11 am from PARIS GARE DE LYON to 11:27 GENEVA CORNAVIN ). We will take another train from Geneva to interlaken West. When we reach Interlaken, we will spend time going around the town, going for boating in Lake Thun/Brienz. We can see the cuckoo clocks, watches, souvenirs here itself in the town.
    1-Apr-12 (Sunday)
    We will board the train from Interlaken OST railway station to Lauterbrunnen/Wengen to Jungfaujoch. We will spend the day in Jungfraujoch and then come back from Jungfraujoch to Grindelwald back to Interlaken
    2-Apr-12 (Monday)
    We will travel at 7 am from Interlaken to Lucerne with the Golden Pass and reach Lucerne at 9:30 am. We will check in to the hotel. We will visit the following places in Luzerne:
    10:30 am โ€“ 3 pm: We will visit Transport museum (not the planetarium or the filmtheatre). From the hotel, we will take a train or bus to the museum stop โ€“ Luzern Verkehrshaus
    4:12 pm โ€“ 6:41 pm: Boat trip from Luzern-Vitznau and back

3-Apr-12 (Tuesday)
    Take the early morning 8:06 am train from Luzernโ€“>Engelberg. Reach Engelberg at 8:53 am. From Engelberg, we will take the first cable car from Engelbergโ€“>Trubsee (20 minutes), second cable car from Trubseeโ€“>Stand (20 minutes) and then the last rotair (80-person revolving gondola) from Standโ€“>Mt. Titlis (5 minutes). We should reach by 10:00 or 10:30 in Mt. Titlis. We will have a stroll, see whether any snow activities are possible, take pictures, have lunch and try to come back by 4 pm or 5 pm to Lucerne. If time permits, we will see Lion Monument and Chappel Bridge in the evening in Lucerne. After that, we will check out from the hotel and take late-evening/night train to Zurich
    4-Apr-12 (Wednesday)
    We will depart from Zurich to Bangalore
    For travelling, i am planning to go for a 4 day Swiss Pass and for my kid (he would be around 5 years 9 months) on the day of travel, i guess the STS Family card will be good.

Look forward to your kind suggestions. Thanks a lot for your time and attention!

Regards
    Gautam

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 December 2011 at 5:39:20 #834575

Dear Gautam,

On Swiss Pass you will get only 25% disc on Jungfraujoch rails and 50% disc on Titlis cable Cars.

In Luzern you can try for pilatus. OR insted on 2nd April can try for Rhine fall, bit far but worth going.

Regards
    Atul

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 December 2011 at 6:16:06 #834576

Dear Atul,

Thanks a lot for your quick help! Thats fine. I am fine with 25% discount on Jungfraujoch ( i believe atleast the leg from Interlaken ost โ€“>Grindelwald/Lauterbrunnen/Wengen would be covered by Swiss Pass 100%) and Lucern โ€“> Engelberg as well. I understand that i will get only 50% discount on the Titlis cable car. I thought of skipping Pilatus as Titlis would be enough.

Thanks a lot. Do you have any other suggestions on the itenary?

Thanks and Regards
    Gautam

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 December 2011 at 7:27:56 #834577

Sorry, forgot to ask one more thing:

Do you have any suggestions on which would be good ski areas for the places that we are travelling? We donโ€™t need any professional ski schooling classes but just want to have an experience with sking. Also, suggestions on paragliding and rental equipment for sking will be highly appreciated!
    Thanks again!
    Gautam

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 December 2011 at 14:55:45 #834578

Gautam
    Sorry, there is no boat service of the Lake of Brienz or the Lake of Thun when you are there.
    Spring boat service starts on April 6 on both lakes. The boat on Lake Luzern is ok
    Dick

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 December 2011 at 12:17:47 #834579

Dear Dick,

Thanks a lot for correcting me on this! Really appreciated. Thats fine. I will try to spend time elsewhere then. Thanks again!

• The thread โ€˜4 days Swiss trip โ€“ April 2012 -suggestions pleaseโ€™ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

Weโ€™re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annikaโ€™s 20-minute e-mail course, โ€œSwitzerland for beginnersโ€. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.