4 night Lucerne and Interlaken trip with infant

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 August 2017 at 23:06:54 #813022

Hi All,

I will land in zurich on 27 September around 09:00 am with my wife and 5 month old son and will be staying for 4 nights before leaving for stockholm on sunday morning from Geneva. I am looking to book hotels on the below places.

27 Sept – Lucerene ( Plan to visit one of the mountain, Wooden bridge. any other place if time permits)

28-30 Sept- Interlaken ( golden pass train to montruex, No further plan yet)

31 Sept Geneva (No idea)

Can you guys help me out what places to visit in these 4 days and is it a good idea to go to any mountain with an infant. I am thinking to buy swiss pass for 4 days.

Any suggestions will be highly appreciated.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 August 2017 at 10:54:22 #868698

Hi ak225044 and welcome to MySwissAlps!

We have a list of popular activities in Luzern noted here. Also, for Interlaken we have activities noted here and for Geneva here.

Typically we would suggest not going above 2000 meters with an infant. It is best to consult your doctor for specific information.

Luzern and Interlaken are great destinations for outdoor activities (as noted on the links above). Is that why you chose these towns? For more mountain sightseeing?

There are some great lakes to explore near both towns as well: Lake Lucerne, Lake Thun and Lake Brienz as some lower altitude options. Also be take a look at the Swiss open-air museum near Brienz.

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 August 2017 at 12:27:37 #868699

I have a plan to go to MT pilatus but I will consult with a doctor first. I choose Luzern and interlaken because I have mostly heard about them. I am not sure what exactly to do in those 4 days and what places to visit thats why I opened this topic for suggestions.

Ak255044

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 August 2017 at 16:13:51 #868700

Hi ak255044,

Be sure to use the web page links on my first post for a list of our recommendations of what to do in those towns.

Also, here is a list of towns that are popular to visit in Switzerland and what you can do at or near those towns (in case Luzern and Interlaken don’t interest you as much as you thought they would).

Zurich is better for shopping, museums and art galleries for example.

But as I said before, if mountain scenery is what you want to see (and visit) Luzern and Interlaken are very good towns to stay in. If you have any questions about the attractions we list on each town page please let us know!

To help plan your trips between towns and/or mountain attractions you can use the Swiss railways timetable to find the necessary trains, boat and/or cable cars.

Lucas

• The thread ‘4 night Lucerne and Interlaken trip with infant’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.